cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toasty66
Active Contributor

Re: keystrokes triggering remote windows events

@AshC My Mac updated to version 11.8.3374 but the problem persists. Was this the version that you thought would fix the issue, or is that a future version? 

gvlazzareschi

I have been dealing with this issue since downloading MONTEREY; I have been on and off the pohone with support...
the last support person said this was a mac issue; I have looked on the mac blogs and have gotten no help. Am
switching over to REMOTEPC; its cheaper by far anyway and there is a sale for those switching from GOTOMYPC.

Toasty66
Active Contributor

@gvlazzareschi  I moved over to Splashtop. Works great, no regrets, and none of the keyboard issues that are plaguing GoToMyPc.  

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi everyone,

This issue should be fully resolved now.  Please check for updates on any affected computer and let us know if you experience any issues along the way.

Thanks for your patience. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Toasty66
Active Contributor

@AshC We're moving people off GoToMyPC to SplashTop as we upgrade them to Monterey.  Having to wait over three months for a critical tool to be fixed is unacceptable, and I can only imagine what new issues are looming with the upcoming release of macOS 12.3.   I can't bet my enterprise on a tool where the developer is so slow to react. 

AnneWoz22
Active Contributor

@AshC  We are seeing this on machine's upgraded to 12.4 / 12.5.

They are both running the latest version of GoToMyPc.

Do we have a solution?

** One user: 

Whenever I type F in either Web outlook in Chrome or Teams, it automatically switches to a Full screen mood, and typing EM or just M opens an emoji dialogue box, and M causes a pause where it skips the rest of the word.

n each of these cases the machine pauses and freezes and it absolutely disrupts what I am doing. 

Second User:

Just had the emoji keyboard showing up when he pressed certain keys, and this was disabled.

AnneWoz22
Active Contributor

@AshC I have  10 users being impacted by this issue on Monterey version 12.4 to 12.5. I need a solution.

This impacting their ability to work remotely, and impacting deadlines due to downtime, 

having to restart their Mac's in the office.

We're also finding we have to restart the launcher under admin.

AnneWoz22
Active Contributor

Keystrokes triggering remote Mac Issues ( E-f m- opening the emoji keyboard. autocomplete )

I have  10 users being impacted by this issue on Monterey version 12.4 to 12.5. I need a solution.

This impacting their ability to work remotely, and impacting deadlines due to downtime, 

having to restart their Mac's in the office.

We're also finding we have to restart the launcher under admin.

They are both running the latest version of GoToMyPc.

Do we have a solution?

** One user: 

Whenever I type F in either Web outlook in Chrome or Teams, it automatically switches to a Full screen mood, and typing EM or just M opens an emoji dialogue box, and M causes a pause where it skips the rest of the word.

in each of these cases the machine pauses and freezes and it absolutely disrupts what I am doing. 

Second User:

Just had the emoji keyboard showing up when he pressed certain keys, and this was disabled.

Thanks

Frustrated  Mac Desktop Engineer

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Keystrokes triggering remote Mac Issues ( E-f m- opening the emoji keyboard. autocomplete )

Hi @AnneWoz22,

Just to be clear, are all of your users connecting from Windows PCs to Mac Hosts?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
AnneWoz22
Active Contributor

Re: Keystrokes triggering remote Mac Issues ( E-f m- opening the emoji keyboard. autocomplete )

Yes, they are using Windows at home, with Mac's in the office.