cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carol Maez-Pete

mouse pointer extremely small

Hi There, I'm connecting to my office computer from a brand new Dell laptop using Windows 10 and once connected my mouse pointer gets extremely small.  Approx. 1/4 the size of a sunflower seed.  I've enlarged the mouse pointer on both computers and it doesn't help. I've used Go To MyPC for years and connect using many types of devices, never had this problem.  I can't work like this, please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
syz88
Visitor

Re: mouse pointer extremely small

Hi, I have found a reasonable solution for this, on the logmein side if you go to additional mouse options - mouse properties - pointers you can customise the scheme, if you choose an 'extra large 'version it enlarges the pointer significantly. I have a 5k Mac at home and 1920x1200 on logmein so the pointer was very small and now its only slightly smaller.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Carol,
Sorry for the trouble there!

Could you check the GoToMyPC preferences on the Host computer, in the 'Performance' section?  See if toggling the quality or performance options help with the visibility aspect.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Janettakelly

It's a show issue more than likely, a windows issue. Mine progressions a ton since we are continually exchanging screens and shows. To begin with ensure that your content Scale and Layout show is at 100%. I turn on full-screen line of sight as a work around.

Andy_P
Active Contributor

Did anyone ever find a solution to this issue? I have the exact same problem and no matter what I try (including the suggested workaround) nothing works, I still have a miniscule mouse cursor when logged into my office machine from my laptop. It's painful as it's so tiny that I keep losing sight of it which slows efficient working down enormously.....

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Andy_P  Sorry for the visual problem there.

Could you specify what operating systems are in use on the Host and Client side?

And then, could you also list the monitor size, current ratio setting, and zoom (if other than 100%) ?

Andy_P
Active Contributor

Hi

I use Windows 10 on both machines. Laptop monitor size 13.3", desktop monitor 21.5", ratio setting (if I understand correctly) is set to full size. Bottom line is that everything is absolutely fine apart from the mouse cursor size and although it's been like this for ages now it was originally OK....back in the day when LogmeinFree was still available...

Any thoughts?

Thanks

roven
Active Contributor

Has there ever been a solution to this issue?

roven
Active Contributor

Has there ever been a solution posted for this issue?

Don_Willis
Active Contributor

Is there a solution yet?

I use a PC to log in to a Mac, and I've increased the pointer size on both machines, but that still didn't help, so this really seems like an issue with logmein.

Please help.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Don_Willis  @roven  Are any of your displays using 4K resolution?  Are you able to give the size and resolution of both the client and host, as well as any zoom % either is at currently?