cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J.1
Contributor

"A required certificate is not within its validity period" - eight or more users can't connect

I am being blitzed by emails from my users, all reporting that they are getting the following message.

"GoTo Opener encountered an error: 

A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file. Failed to download GoToMyPC from our servers."

I will be contacting customer support as soon as I can get the get-help page to actually let me contact a human being, as the page keeps saying "oh, don't you want to look up another resource instead?", but in the meantime how the hell do I get my investment team connected again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: "A required certificate is not within its validity period" - eight or more users can't

Hi,

The following steps will ensure that you have the required certificate installed and that it has the correct permissions enabled:

1. Navigate to this verification page. If the page doesn’t load, that means they do not have Digi cert on the machine. You can download the  root cert at DigiCert (DigiCert Trusted Root G4, DER format, parent web page link ) and install it by choosing local machine as option.
  2. If you have certificate already installed, and still facing the issues then follow the below steps :
  1. Select Run from the Start menu, and then enter certlm.msc.
  2. Find DigiCert Trusted Root G4, right click on “properties”.
  3. Select third radio button (Enable only for the following purposes) under “Certificate purposes”, and check “Server Authentication”, “Client Authentication”, “Code Signing”, “Secure Email”, “Time stamping”
  4. Click on apply.

Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 10.43.01 PM.png

Once you have completed these steps, sign into your GoToMyPC account and try to connect to your Host computer.

EDIT -  Including info from follow up posts later in this thread:

We have developed an executable for those customers still having issues after the fix was released:

1. Please download this file and run it once on the local (Client) computer that you are connecting from.
  2. Sign into your GoToMyPC account and connect to Host as you always do.

If you are not using MFA or SSO on your account you can also download the GoToMyPC client-app and connect to host computer using client app.

If you are still unable to connect after doing this, please give our toll-free support a call and they will assist further. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

66 REPLIES 66
jskinnerjr
Active Contributor

Re: "A required certificate is not within its validity period" - eight or more users can't

Same here in VT, all of our users stopped being able to login around 8am.

J.1
Contributor

One of my users reports that he tried changing the time on his machine to 11/2/2021 and was able to connect in the meantime, for whatever that's worth.

Tonour
Visitor

Same, all my connections are down as well. 

InkMing
Visitor

Having the same issue as well. Looks like we sit and wait for now until they resolve this issue.  Glad to see we aren't the only ones.

awphillips
Active Contributor

Busy signal while trying to get to support - I'm sure they are slammed - but at least they could update the status page!

jskinnerjr
Active Contributor

Yuppers! Still down over here, 1 hour-ish later. 30 ish users unable to get connected so they can work.

I appreciate that their support hold music is the blues, almost feels like its mocking me. 

J.1
Contributor

I was wondering if anyone was going to acknowledge this on the status page.

Nobody's responded to my tweet about this, either. Why do they bother saying "questions? contact Global Customer Support or tweet to us @gotomypc" if nobody's monitoring or responding?

At least the computer clock change has people on my end able to connect for now.

J.1
Contributor

Ah, they updated the status page.

Investigating - We are actively investigating reports that GoToMyPC customers may be experiencing issues when trying to initiate new sessions via the web. However, in-flight sessions are not impacted.

Our engineers are working to resolve the issue and will provide another update shortly.

JAE2
Active Contributor

Around 8am, our users began to receive the A required certificate is not within its validity period. We are in NYC Manhattan.