cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awphillips
Active Contributor

Re: "A required certificate is not within its validity period" - eight or more users can't

Seems fixed, but I believe the variable in the status update is incorrect. If you are still having a problem and need to delete the folder they mentioned, I believe the correct path is %USERPROFILE%\appdata\Local\GoToMyPC.

In other words c:\users\username\appdata\Local\GoToMyPC where username is the logged in user.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: "A required certificate is not within its validity period" - eight or more users can't

The status page has been updated and service should now be restored for all customers. 

Our engineers have corrected the issue and we are confirming that all services are functional. In case you are still unable to start new sessions, please delete the GoToMyPC folder in the app data directory: %appdata%\Local\GoToMyPC 

Open Windows  Explorer > C drive > Users > Your User Name > App Data > Local > GoToMyPC 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
JAE2
Active Contributor

My NY Manhattan users report that are able to log-in as usual (two such users have reported in).
J.1
Contributor

We seem to be working now, too. Thank you.

MSandeen
Visitor

Still having this problem, so I deleted the GoToMyPC folder in the app data directory. Deleting the folder did not help. Same error message.

mikesaroyan
Active Contributor

I have two users still having the same issue.

Deleting the folder did not help.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

If you are still having issue after deleting the GoToMyPC folder please try rebooting your computer. The issue has been resolved from our side and deleting the folder will remove any older files that may continue to cause issues, a reboot will clear all processes in case something is stuck there. If you are still having trouble after that please  call our toll-free support so one of our reps can investigate further. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
LVTA
New Contributor

Still not working on Windows 7 machines after deleting the user folders and rebooting.

BamaAce300
New Contributor

A certificate chain could not be built to a trusted root authority

This is the new error message I'm getting this morning. Had the same issues that others had yesterday, and the suggested fixes did nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

ray4723

Re: A certificate chain could not be built to a trusted root authority

I'm having the same issue- Florida