cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
macuser5332
New Contributor

"GoToMyPC Viewer Quit Unexpectedly"

Trying to launch the GoToMyPC tool on a mac.  Get the same error message every time "GoToMyPC Viewer Quit Unexpectedly".  It used to work until a few weeks ago.  Same error message on Catalina, and now on Big Sur.  My account and host computer work perfectly fine - I can connect using a different mac, so, seems to be something with my setup.  Anybody have any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: "GoToMyPC Viewer Quit Unexpectedly"

@macuser5332  Are you able to try this removal tool we created to do a full uninstall of GoToMyPC there?  This link is the download location (github) for the tool.

macuser5332
New Contributor

@AshC Thank you.  When I click on the link, it automatically downloads the uninstall tool and my mac then complains with "GoToMyPC Removal Tool cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.   macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware".  Can you maybe send the link to the file without linking to the download?  Thank you very much for your help~

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

I'm sorry, you will have to manually accept the risk within the Apple security settings in order to run that removal app.  It was made for rare situations we troubleshoot so is not signed directly by LogMeIn or GoToMyPC specifically.

macuser5332
New Contributor

@AshC Thank you for your help.  I ran the removal tool.  Unfortunately, when I try to launch the GoToMyPC tool, I keep getting the same error message "GoToMyPC Viewer quit unexpectedly.  Any other suggestions?  Thank you very much for your help.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@macuser5332  Would you please click my Community name in order to private message me your login email address, the specific Mac OS version, and the nickname of your Host PC?

macuser5332
New Contributor

@AshC Thanks so much!  Sorry for all the stupid questions - when I click on your name, I don't see an icon to DM you (I see Kudos, Posts, Solutions).  Any hint?  Thanks a lot for your help!

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@macuser5332  There should be a blue button that says 'Send a message".  I'll start that flow if you can check your Community inbox there.