Add Scheduling Conflict checking across organizer accounts.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 Kudos

Scheduling and conflict checking.  I regularly schedule 20-30 events (8 or more different events)  spread out over 6-8 weeks.  By regular, I mean that when I have about 2 weeks worth of events left on the schedule, I sit down and schedule out another 6-8 weeks. 

Why on earth do you not provide a warning that there is a schedule conflict.  Far too often I'll realize...much too late...that I've scheduled 2 different events in same time slot.  To me, this is probably the most frustrating thing about GoToTraining...although there are several.  If this was a cheap fly-by-night outfit, I'd be a little less disappointed.  At least make the calendar bigger during scheduling and show upcoming events.  Or, maybe a warning that another event is scheduled in this time slot, with an option to proceed anyway.

Something...please.  I'd gladly give you back Breakout sessions and Whiteboards for better scheduling tools.

7 Comments
Rick Harris1
Active Contributor
It amazes me when something that seems so simple, and valuable to larger clients with large numbers of organizers/events just falls through the cracks.  If you don't do a better scheduler, at least do some basic conflict checking.  Today, one hour prior to start time, the reminder email that says my session starts in an hour, tipped me off that I had two different sessions scheduled in the same time slot.  
Rick Harris
Active Contributor
OK...It's happened again.  I can't believe you guys are giving me wonderful stuff in the form of an Android and iOS app...but still don't have basic conflict checking in your scheduling system.  I just got an email from someone on my team pointing out that I have two sessions in the same time slot on this coming Tuesday...twice.  Two different sessions at 10 and two different sessions at 2.  Personally, the Android app does very little for me.  But the lousy scheduling tools make me look ridiculous.  Please implement a basic warning when you're about to put two sessions in the same time slot. 
Rick Harris
Active Contributor
Just a warning system...that's all I ask.  I'll dream of Outlook integration and visual calendars and all kinds of wonderful things...but please implement a conflict warning, show me the conflict, and let me choose yes or no.
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager
*foot in mouth comment*
Rick Harris
Active Contributor
Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the reply.  However, when I look at the top of this page, it indicates to me that this is a community page for GoToTraining.  Our company has 7 GoToTraining seats.  If it were GoToMeeting, I wouldn't be complaining because the very basic tool, GoToTraining, has Outlook integration and apparently conflict checking.  Yet the power tool GoToTraining has neither.

Anyway, we don't share our GoToTraining accounts.  I schedule a ton of training sessions...stretched out over 6 months.  I am forced to resort to paper calendars and hand written notes every time I need to schedule more events.  It is so tedious that I hate it with a passion.  I curse you guys every time I sit down to add more sessions.  The only heads up I get on a conflict is the email reminders that tell me I have a session coming up.  When I get two reminders at the same time telling me I have sessions starting tomorrow...I know I'm in trouble.

I've tried to explain this to Bharat and so far nothing has happened...so excuse me for venting every time I experience this frustration.
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager
Very sorry Rick, I was trying to do too many things at the same time and missed that this was about GoToTraining and not GoToMeeting. 

I completely understand your issue now and I am going to change this to an Idea, so it is as a feature request for a future update.
Rick Harris
Active Contributor
Today, I sat down with the mission to add more events (mostly repetitive) to my schedule going out to the end of January 2017.  So, today is my day to curse and moan about the lack of any type of Outlook integration, visual scheduler, conflict checking, world peace, etc.  I only wish that white boards or the ability to show my control panel brought me enough joy to offset my pain with GoToTraining scheduling.