cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EMurphyInfTrg
Contributor

Approval process - security

Hi. 

I know you can use a setting to ensure you "approve "who comes into training, but what happens when they try?

We have heard of an instance where someone who uses the joining details to join who has not been approved, can hear what is going on, see the web cams but could not be seen. How can this be?

I would have thought that NO or ANY access would be denied. 

Please advise. 

Many thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Approval process - security

Hi,

I've never seen an attendee join without being visible in the Organizer's attendee list. 

You don't have to 'approve' registrants at all if you don't want them to receive any communications.  Only Approved registrants receive join links, though it would be possible for someone to share their join link, in which case you would want to dismiss them both through your own control panel while in the live training.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi,

I've never seen an attendee join without being visible in the Organizer's attendee list. 

You don't have to 'approve' registrants at all if you don't want them to receive any communications.  Only Approved registrants receive join links, though it would be possible for someone to share their join link, in which case you would want to dismiss them both through your own control panel while in the live training.

EMurphyInfTrg
Contributor

Hi

Thank you for your reply. 

So if a link was shared (entirely possible), surely, they should not be able to join the session on the audio (ie they can hear, but not see).

In this situation  there was no delegate on the control panel to dismiss. Surely the whole point of approval, is you dont want them in the session in the first place?

What would you expect to happen please, if someone clicked on a shared link (but they had not been approved). and they used the same email address as an existing delegate. (in this case husband and wife). 

Many thanks 

Eileen 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Eileen, 

If anyone share a link and appeared as the same person twice I would consider dismissing both parties due to the restrictions you laid out within the registration process (and also on the confirmation email where GoToTraining states to NOT share the link with anyone else). 

For added audio security, you can us VoIP only, and not include telephone audio all.