cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NYAS
Active Contributor

Attendees got disconnected from session

Whilst delivering training yesterday, all my attendees got disconnected (kicked out) of the session for no reason, other than myself and my colleague who were organiser and presenter.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
EMurphyInfTrg
Contributor

Re: Attendees got disconnected from session

Not quite the same, but similar. Weirdly, I was in a session since 10.30am and just got a message to say the trainer has closed the session! I did not and my deleagte was still in the session at the time. I am not sure what happened her end, as we called on the phone and decided to use this  closing of session now to go to lunch, but this has happened before.

Sometimes there is some in activity whilst we work on case studies and regroup (not using break out), is there an automatic close if no use for a period of time. Annoying to not even give you a warning, other than to just close the session mid way. 

I have seen another post about this, but cant find it to post the same. 

EMurphyInfTrg
Contributor

Re: 7 Hour Timeout for Session Host

Weirdly, I was in a session since 10.30am and just got a message to say the trainer has closed the session! This was only after 2.5 hours! we are in the workshop till 3.30pm this afternoon.

I did not close the session and the pop up message, was a gototraining panel. My deleagte was still in the session at the time. I am not sure what happened her end, as we called on the phone and decided to use this  closing of session now to go to lunch, but this has happened before! 

Sometimes there is some inactivity whilst we work on case studies and regroup (not using break out), - is there an automatic close if no use for a period of time.?

Annoying to not even give you a warning, other than to just close the session mid way. 

I have seen another post about this, but the other way, the delegates were booted out. I posted the above on that one.  

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Attendees got disconnected from session

@NYAS@EMurphyInfTrg GTT training should only end if there are no attendees. There were no outages yesterday, so your best bet would be to contact customer support who can review your training session and see what happened. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
NYAS
Active Contributor

Re: 7 Hour Timeout for Session Host

It was strange as we had been working in the session and using breakout rooms for awhile previous - I ended up speaking to the customer support and they believed it was a network issue. They informed me that although all attendees join using their own internet the session is 'fed' from the organiser's network so if this drops you could lose attendees.