cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GTT_User
Active Contributor

Classic View

This message is to  GTT Management. PLEASE, do NOT disable "Classic View".  I do not like the new GUI look and feel. I've heard rumors that "Classic View" will be disabled as an option on May 25, 2023. I hope that that is incorrect !!   Thank You

4 REPLIES 4
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Classic View

Hi @GTT_User, welcome to the community.

While I am checking on the rumored date you mention can you please explain why you are still using the classic version of GoToTraining? The reality is the classic version will be fully retired at some point, so if you are having difficulty using the new GoTo App we need to know why, and specifically what actions/features you are struggling with so we can improve them.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
GTT_User
Active Contributor

The easiest way to answer your question is emphasize that the Control Panel in the classic view provides "One Stop Shopping" for the host. Everything is contained within the control panel, and is easily and QUCKLY accessed by the host. The new GUI involves more CLICKING around with the interface. It's a step backward for host 'productivity'.

But I recognize that mgmt is heavily invested now in the new GUI, so there is no turning back. I'll probably have to cancel my subscription once mgmt forces me to switch over. I know two other instructors who use GTT who feel exactly the same way as I do. Thanks for listening.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Thank you, that kind of detail helps. We have made changes to the GoTo App GUI based on similar feedback since it was first made available. When was the last time you tried running a GoToTraining session in the new GoTo App? The toolbar that is displayed when you are in Presenter Mode now provides one-click access to all of the core features. They can be broken out into separate windows and moved to another screen. We are also in the process of giving attendees the same view option so they have a true fullscreen view again and they can also move Chat and webcams to another screen if they have one.

It's not that we are heavily invested in the GUI, that is something that will continue to change over time based on customer feedback and usage just as it did with the Classic experience. The reality is the Classic experience is written on code 10+ years old, maintaining compatibility and updating Classic is simply no longer practical. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
GTT_User
Active Contributor

I haven't looked at the new GUI for about 9 months. I'll check it out agaib.  "One Stop Shopping" is the key criteria that I look for. Clicking around to get things done is not what I'm looking for....even if that helps the IT folks in the back room with their upgrades and customizations.  I'm an IT guy so I understand the design push. But I'm also a customer who has options. I'll check out the new GUI again. Thanks