cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christine Conno
New Contributor

Forwarded Links?

Does anyone know if the link a participant receives after enrolling in a GTT session can be forwarded to someone else? Meaning could someone forward their link and allow someone who has not enrolled to join the session?
5 REPLIES 5
Solutions Consu
New Contributor

Re: Forwarded Links?

I'm learning but the link can be forwarded but I think it's smart enough to recognize the person somehow.  I.e. through the email or something like that.  Hope that helps
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi Christine, attendee links cannot be shared. Once the attendee has joined, if someone else tries to use the same link they will be blocked and told they are already in the training session.
Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Christine Conno
New Contributor

Thanks for the information! Appreciate it.
G Thomas
New Contributor

I just had 3 classes in this last month where multiple users logged into a GTT session using the same link. The person's name was listed multiple times and the attendee report showed that a total time attended of 2-3 times what others were.

Is there a bug in that functionality now?
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi, due to the number of attendees that frequently join from a mobile device but then switch to their desktop (or do the reverse), we relaxed the rule on using join links so they can be used 3 - 4 times before they expire. Registrants are still instructed not to share their links and we did not draw attention to this change, but it appears some registrants are sharing their links.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!