cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hartman_fvtc
Active Contributor

Re: GTT: Switch to Desktop Option Missing?

We also tested this morning and have NOT been rolled back to the previous/classic version, which is what we would like. I called LogMeIn support this morning and they have said this is an open issue that has not yet been resolved nor do they have an ETA for resolution. We were unexpectedly placed in the new version with no way to revert to the old version and were in the final day of a 3 day training. We have moved our training for next week off GTT and to a competitor's platform as we do not want to risk another surprise.  The lack of communication and resolution has been disappointing.

hartman_fvtc
Active Contributor

GTT return to Classic View

We experienced issues last week with GTT implementing the new view without communication and not providing an option to revert to the classic view. We have contacted customer support who state that our profile indicates that we are supposed to be on classic view but we continue to have issues.

Will LogMeIn be providing communication and training before attempting to implement the new GTT view in the future? Will we be allowed to remain on the classic view, which works better for our training situation? If so, how long will we be able to stay in the classic view before being forced to the new user experience?

Thank you.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi everyone, 

I am sorry for any inconvenience this change caused you and your audience. 

To give you a better understanding of this update, we are moving closer to a more fluid GoTo experience and account set up, where you'll soon have additional features and functions available to choose from.  Based upon the number of attendees who were utilizing the desktop app there was a decision made to start disabling native software options in favor of the web experience.  Although we have now pushed this update back temporarily, it's still moving forward in the coming weeks and we will update the Community with those expected changes soon. 

For a reference of what else to expect and how to guide your audience, please see this support page: https://support.goto.com/training/new-experience-guide 

If you need to switch back temporarily and do not see the ability to do so in your account, please click my Community name in order to send a private message with your GoTo Organizer email address. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
EMurphyInfTrg
Contributor

Re - The wider concerns - Re: GTT: Switch to Desktop Option Missing?

Hello. 

Please can you confirm that the current api integration which we have painfully set up, will not be affected/corrupted with the integration with our website.

We have spent so much time on integrating our Gototraining with our website and it has been so very painful. Prior to this we spent months trying to integrate paypal which you constantly said there were no issues, but clearly there were and in the end after months of trying, we gave up having lost money and many man hours. 

Now after many more man hours with our web dev team (and one of yours), we have managed finally to integrate with our website instead in only the last few months.

I am extremely concerned, that when we are forced to move over to the new version, I want to pre-empt any api integration issues. 

Please can you comment/advise/reassure/confirm. 

I look forward to hearing from you 

Thank you 

Eileen 

EMurphyInfTrg
Contributor

Hi 

Thank you for sharing - and sorry to hear of your issues. 

I will not be moving over to the new version until I have to, and before I get confirmation that there will be no impact on my current api integration with our website. 

I am extremely concerned, if GTT cant get this right. how will it be in other areas. 

I have just posted my concerns over our api integration which took months of painful time and effort, and worried that any updates might affect this. 

I await their reply to this request :-

Hello. 

Please can you confirm that the current api integration which we have painfully set up, will not be affected/corrupted with the integration with our website.

We have spent so much time on integrating our Gototraining with our website and it has been so very painful. Prior to this we spent months trying to integrate paypal which you constantly said there were no issues, but clearly there were and in the end after months of trying, we gave up having lost money and many man hours. 

Now after many more man hours with our web dev team (and one of yours), we have managed finally to integrate with our website instead in only the last few months.

I am extremely concerned, that when we are forced to move over to the new version, I want to pre-empt any api integration issues. 

Please can you comment/advise/reassure/confirm. 

I look forward to hearing from you 

Thank you 

Eileen 

WHD
Active Contributor

Re: Re - The wider concerns - Re: GTT: Switch to Desktop Option Missing?

Wow.  That is painful.  Sad to see LogMeIn do this.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@EMurphyInfTrg  [Update]  There should be no changes for GoToTraining API functionality any time soon. 

VRLDO
Contributor

GoToTraining Interface for Attendees

Was there a change in the interface for Attendees last week (but not on the Organizer side) that reverted back? We updated our housekeeping script to reflect the interface changes (looked more like GoToMeeting) and now we are testing the system again with both Chrome and Edge and when I came in as an Attendee in both browsers it looks like the old interface.

What should we be seeing? Old interface or new modern one?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: GoToTraining Interface for Attendees

@VRLDO  There was a change made to force the web app, which was then reverted temporarily.  The update for certain GoTo accounts is still underway, so you can expect the desktop Training app restrictions to continue in another couple of weeks.  I apologize for any confusion there, and hope to have more information soon. 

EMurphyInfTrg
Contributor

Hi 

Thank you for your reply. 

Forgive me for my reservations, but for months you told me here that paypal integration should work and it clearly did not after months of pain and time and cost... 

Can I confirm what "any time soon" means, and assurances that when you make any changes to the api that you ensure they will not have a   detrimental affect on the  current api ability for my delegates to pay as they go on my website currently (again after many months of painstakingly paying my web dev to work with yours as the standard api kept breaking, but now as we finally have it working, I do not want it to break again).

I am very cautious and concerned and want to ensure that the api integration continues for the long term (as long as I am a paying client of gototraining). 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Regards 

Eileen