cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IPParalegals1
New Contributor

Include an uploaded recording in the catalog?

For GoToTraining: how do I add an uploaded My Recordings MP4 file to the My Trainings section for inclusion in Catalogs?

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: New Online Recording feature coming to GoToTraining soon!.
4 REPLIES 4
Monica Miller
New Contributor

Re: Include an uploaded recording in the catalog?

Hi Chris - Unfortunately, we do not support uploading a file to My Recordings and attaching it to a catalog.  However, I do have good news!  We are about to release the capability to do this if you are using online recordings on our Pro and Plus plans.  Not only will you be able to add your online recording to a catalog, but you can also attach tests and materials.
IPParalegals1
New Contributor

Hi Monica,

Thank you for responding. We are trying to migrate away from Webex and have 100's of hours of archived classroom recordings that we're reformatting to MP4. Our intent is to place edited versions of these MP4 classroom recordings into GoToTraining catalogs, then use RevStream for PPV VoD registration and distribution.

It sounds like this will not be possible because (a) catalog and RevStream inclusion is exclusive to My Trainings online recordings created in GoToTraining, and (b) there is no way to convert uploaded MP4 files into the My Trainings GoToTraining online recordings format. Is that correct?

Thanks!

Chris

[edit] If my above assumptions are correct, then the only foreseeable workaround is to make GoToTraining online recordings (like normal live presentations), but play back the MP4s on the hosting computer @ full screen resolution for the presentations instead. Essentially use live GoToTraining webinars to bounce MP4 recordings to the My Trainings recording format.

If so, re-rerecording everything again will be a lot of work.

Monica Miller
New Contributor

Hi Chris - I actually have an idea that might work for you.  Please reach out to me at monica.miller@citrix.com and we can schedule a time to sync up.
Mike Loucks
New Contributor

Did I miss the deploy that was mentioned above? I too need to be able to take current recordings from my server and upload them to GOTO Training and be available in my Training catalog. I also need to be able to gather the same custom info from the learner for the On Demand recording that I collect for a Live web session at registration. Any solutions?