cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KFairley
Active Contributor

Logitech Spotlight presentation remote

I have encountered an issue using a Logitech Spotlight presentation remote.  I have been using this remote with GoToMeeting for several years.  I am now using GoToTraining and when I start the software to use the highlight features, both GoToTraining and GoToMeeting crash.  I am using both the training and meeting webapp rather than the desktop software.  For the logitech software, I am at the latest version 1.1.32/1.60.33.

Has anyone else had similar issues when using a similar device?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KFairley
Active Contributor

Re: Logitech Spotlight presentation remote

HI Glenn,

Sorry for the late response

I finally figured out most of my issues and it was not with the presentation remote.  It was actually an issue with my Dell docking station/port duplicator.  I have since stopped using said docking station when presenting with any GoTo applications and just using my docking station and have been using my remote and have not had the same issues come up.

Sincerely,

Kris Fairley

I appreciate your help with this issue.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @KFairley, welcome to the community.

I am not familiar with this device, but after watching a YouTube demonstration I suspect that it is clashing with the screen capturing in our new GoTo App. I have shared this with our product team and will let you know if they have any suggestions or news.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
KFairley
Active Contributor

Hi Glen,

Thanks for responding. 

I have been using this device for several years with no issues.  Not being able to use it complicates my delivery since I am no longer able to effectively emphasize important aspects of the software that I am training people to use.  Any help in regaining the use of my presentation remote is greatly appreciated.  If you or your team need any further information from me, please do not hesitate to reach out!

Thanks,

Kris

KFairley
Active Contributor

Hi Glen,

I also realized today that trying to share Google Earth is causing similar issues.  I had to reboot my computer in the middle of a training due to this issue.  If you are unable to recreate the issue, please reach out and I can send the custom KML files that I was attempting to display.

Thanks, 

Kris

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Thank you for the additional info, I have reached out to our team and I am waiting to hear back from them. As the GoTo App crashes when you try to use the remote you might not be able to use the built-in Report an Issue tool, but if you could try with a test meeting or training session that would be helpful. If that does not work because the app crashes right away, you can gather logs manually:

You mentioned that this did not happen with the previous (classic) versions of GoToMeeting and GoToTraining desktop software, both are still available for you to switch back to in your account Settings while this issue is investigated. 

KFairley
Active Contributor

Hi Glen,

Sorry for the delay in response.  I have been out of the office for a few days.  

Thank you for letting me know where the log files are.  I will set up a test training, get the software to crash, and send the logs to you.

Kris

KFairley
Active Contributor

Hi Glen,

I am trying to attach the logs, but the system is telling me that no matter how I format the files the file type is not supported. I tried zip, 7z, txt, and just the log file. The files can be downloaded from wetransfer.com at the following url: (edited GlennD)

The goto.log file is from this morning. the goto.old.log file is from a training that I did last week and had no issues at all.

Thanks,

Kris

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @KFairley, thank you for the log files I will share them with our team. I removed the link from your post once they were downloaded. Thank you for pointing out the file attachment limitations, I have updated our file attachment settings to allow for zip and 7z files.

KFairley
Active Contributor

HI Glenn,

Sorry for the late response

I finally figured out most of my issues and it was not with the presentation remote.  It was actually an issue with my Dell docking station/port duplicator.  I have since stopped using said docking station when presenting with any GoTo applications and just using my docking station and have been using my remote and have not had the same issues come up.

Sincerely,

Kris Fairley

I appreciate your help with this issue.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

No worries @KFairley, thank you for reporting back and sharing the solution. It's a good reminder for me to ask is a docking station is being used as they can be problematic.