cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mszeu
Active Contributor

Massive Webm files left under Documents folder after recording the session with GotoTraining

Hello,

I use GotoTraining (the new Goto Experience) to deploy my training, and I record every session.

After the end of the session, I wait for the email confirming that the session is ready, and I download the MP4 file.

By chance, I found out that in the Documents folder, there are a lot of WEBM files, one for each session.

I manually deleted them to recover the disk space.

Why are they there? It the are temporary files, why are thy persisting on the hard drive? Is it normal that they are not purged automatically?

Kind regards,

Marco - StockTrader

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Massive Webm files left under Documents folder after recording the session with GotoTraining

Hi @mszeu,

With the new GoTo Training experience, all locally recorded sessions are saved as webm files on your hard drive. We are developing a tool for converting webm recordings to MP4, but for now, you can either switch your account settings to Cloud Recording or use one of the free webm conversion tools available online.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Massive Webm files left under Documents folder after recording the session with GotoTraining

Hi @mszeu,

With the new GoTo Training experience, all locally recorded sessions are saved as webm files on your hard drive. We are developing a tool for converting webm recordings to MP4, but for now, you can either switch your account settings to Cloud Recording or use one of the free webm conversion tools available online.

mszeu
Active Contributor

Hi Glenn,

I double-check my account settings, and the settings about the recording were already set in his way since ever.

Anyway, the recordings are saved both online and offline.

mszeu_0-1663228852621.png

Do I need to act on some other settings?

Kind regards,

Marco - StockTrader

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @mszeu,

If you have the cloud recording copy you can delete the webm file saved locally on your computer. I believe the local copy was added as a back up in case the cloud recording failed for some reason. The team are reviewing how it was implemented.