cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marvita

PowerPoint Presenter Mode and the "Show My Application/Just an App" feature

I hope you can help. I've tested this with my PC and Mac. 

I would like to see the Presenter View when sharing my PPT. On the pc, the offering is "show my application"; on the mac, it's "just an app". The dropdown offers a list of apps/windows open on my computer. If i have opened the PPT, the editing format is available. If i have opened the slide show mode, it is also an option. It will even have my "presenter view" as an option. However, it won't allow me to present the slide show to the audience while still accessing my presenter view for myself. How can I do this with one screen. I work with a team of 20 trainers operating from as many locations. They have only one screen available. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: PowerPoint Presenter Mode and the "Show My Application/Just an App" feature

Hey folks,

Please try this workaround for presenting PPT slides on a Mac with only one display: 

1. Open Powerpoint
  2. Click Slideshow
  3. Select Set up Show
  4. Select Browsed by an individual (window)
  5. Use the Specific Application Sharing screen sharing method in GoTo to share just the PowerPoint application

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
smccullough
Active Contributor

I would also like to be able to present using presenter view and have students only able to see the presentation but have not found it possible.

In fact I've found 'sharing an app' to be pretty useless for PPT on my Mac because it only shows the 'normal' view (the one you would use for slide editing). So I always present PPT as 'Slideshow' and 'Share my screen', though I would prefer not to.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hey folks,

Please try this workaround for presenting PPT slides on a Mac with only one display: 

1. Open Powerpoint
  2. Click Slideshow
  3. Select Set up Show
  4. Select Browsed by an individual (window)
  5. Use the Specific Application Sharing screen sharing method in GoTo to share just the PowerPoint application

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
smccullough
Active Contributor

Thanks - that is very helpful and certainly allows me to use PPT as an app rather than having to share my entire screen.  However I was suprised that I had to position the PPT app window really carefully on my screen to make sure that attendees could see the whole slide, otherwise they only saw part of it.

I knew it was a problem because I always log in to the sessions that I run on an additional computer to make sure I can see the user experience - just never certain that GTT is doing exactly what I want it to do.