cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stoft
New Contributor

Some attendees not seeing the test

Our organization conducts 4-day training sessions about three times a month for students who are employed by or contractors for the US Department of Defense. The course consists of 13 content modules. At the end of each module, we launch an informal quiz using the GoTo Training test function. On the last day of each course, we conduct a formal, final exam that also uses the same test function in the GoTo Training platform. The final exam determines if students will earn a course certificate. In three of the last four classes (in February and March 2023), when we launched the final exam, some students reported they were not able to see the final test, even though they were able to see and respond to each of the module quizzes that came before it. What these attendees saw instead of the final exam was the previous informal quiz. To remedy the situation, we have had to scramble to set up a separate training session (a copy of the original) and launch the exam for those affected students. Without exception, each of the affected students were able to see and complete the alternate exam without any issues.

We thought the cause might be a browser caching issue. However, we asked all students to clear their browser history before the test was launched. In the most recent class last week (3/10/23) we even had all students log out of the GoTo Training session and then log back in again before we launched the exam. Still, about half a dozen of the 25 attendees reported seeing a previous quiz from earlier that day instead of the final exam. Our workaround was to copy the GoTo Training session to create a new, alternate session, have all students log out of the original session and log into the new session. We launched the exam, and all attendees were able to see and complete it with no issues. 

Our attendees join our training sessions from all over the world using a variety of browsers or the desktop app. We can't figure out why this is happening or how to prevent it from occurring. Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

5 REPLIES 5
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Some attendees not seeing the test

Hi @stoft welcome to the GoTo Community. I have not heard reports of some attendees seeing the wrong test, but I'm checking with the team to see if there have been other reports. I see you have a case and someone from support should be getting back to you soon. Could you let me know if are you using the new GoTo Training app or the classic version? 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
TulasiramN

Do we have training details like trainingId or TrainingKey.
Training details helps us to investigate more

stoft
New Contributor

Hi Kate. We are using the new version of GoTo Training.

stoft
New Contributor

Also, if it would help, I would like to invite the GoTo Support team to assign a team member to attend our next final exam this Friday (3/17/23) just before we launch it, so they can do some real-time observation and troubleshooting. Start time of the 2-hour exam window is not fixed, as it depends on when we finish presenting all content modules. But this week the exam is likely to start sometime between 9:30 and 10:30 am Pacific time. If it's possible for a GoTo member to attend, I can send that person the class session ID.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @stoft could you PM me  trainingId or TrainingKey as @TulasiramN mentioned? I can have this escalated for you to help examine what's going on here. To PM me click on my name and you will see the option on the right Thanks! 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training