cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
New Contributor

Trying to get video sound to play from a desktop app

How can I get video sound to play from a desktop app like PowerPoint ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Trying to get video sound to play during a training out of the application itself so the sound comes out of each attendee's speakers?

Hi Julie,
Normally GoToMeeting is trying to block system sounds that might disrupt the presentation.  Depending on what kind of hardware you're working with, this document may give you some insights:  https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/how-do-i-optimize-my-computer-for-video-sharing-g2m090150 

What you may also consider is using training Activities to share specific videos with your audience: https://support.goto.com/training/help/learn-about-activities-and-breakouts-g2t040023 

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted
New Contributor

Playing Videos During GoTo Training Sesions

Hi everyone,
First post here, but thought what better way to get an answer than ask other users!

We run weekly webinars using GoTo Training, during which we would like to play a high quality video with sound. We did it a while ago using GoTo but found the picture & sound quality that was streamed very poor.
Do any of you know if that been improved, or if there is an app you can use whilst running a webinar to play videos to your session?
Thanks for any help in advance guys.
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Playing Videos During GoTo Training Sesions

I would think that streaming video on top of a GoToTraining would be bandwidth intensive. good connection?
Highlighted
New Contributor

I use 10 - 30 second videos none audio in my training webinars all of the time. Yes due to the way gotowebinar works they are slightly choppy but that is fine for may application direct in PowerPoint. If you go for videos you may find your customers may have issues even if you see them on a test PC. Its the speed of connection at the customers, particularly if there is a big sports event on when many staff in the company are online?

Go to webinar does offer a new upload and display video function which may work for you. It did for me but its too much work to upload all my clips to be of value

Bob Willis
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Alexei, we have a great connection here and internally it tests out really well.
If I play it on my device, using VLC, my colleague can watch it on their screen with no issues once connected to the session.
I'm just not sure how it would affect many users dialled in at one time so to speak.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks Bob, that's useful info for me.
Cheers
Highlighted
New Contributor

I have not had good luck with the lab function to show a video saved on my computer or with trying to link a YouTube video as an activity.  Either no sound or poor sound to the attendees or you never know when the activity will really start.  I have heard GTT is working on it.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Russ,
Some users have stated that the Labs video tool is more compatible with videos at 24 frames per second, with a Constant Framerate.  Hope this helps!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks Ash, I will give that a try.
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Hi Paul,

One of the workarounds I've used is to provide a link to the video (s) on the Materials page (accessable only during the webinar) and then I direct attendees to the link at the appropriate time. I tell them to raise their hand when finished. This way, the videos remain high quality hosted on something like Vimeo and everyone's using their own bandwidth. It works like a charm.