cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mobilejoel

Re: Using Blackmagic ATEM with GTT

My current workaround for the ATEM Mini and GotoMeeting Involves OBS Studio. I run OBS Studio. Adjust the Video output from 1080 to 720, then Run/Start OBS Virtual Cam. Then I used OBS Virtual Cam as my webcam for GotoMeeting. Lots of pieces, but hey we're using a switcher instead of a generic WebCam!

I just used it this afternoon  on my Windows 10 Laptop.    It may be difficult with mac, as OBS Virtual Cam has to be built from Source Code.  

PaulDash
Active Contributor

@mobilejoel wrote:

My current workaround for the ATEM Mini and GotoMeeting Involves OBS Studio.

Hi Joel,

Exactly what I did back in April, but the problem is that this becomes a software solution, prone to fail. During whole-day sessions either the GTM software or OBS would crash at least once.

Another drawback is the quality loss: you're going from a 1080p to 720p to whatever it is that GTM optimizes for. That's an encode-decode-encode chain that would be otherwise unnecessary if only GTM could handle the output of the ATEM Mini.

My workaround ultimately involved spending more money on hardware and I now run through the Blackmagic Web Presenter, which has 720p on the USB webcam connection.

-Paul

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

I wanted to update the Community on some recent testing we've done with Blackmagic hardware and current Mac operating systems!

This solution should work with Mac OS + Blackmagic ATEM Mini + any HDMI input.  The key is to use OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) as a virtual camera driver to map Blackmagic device output to a proper format to use it in G2W.

1. Install OBS (Open Broadcaster Software)
  2. In OBS create a scene setup with 1280x720@30fps
  3. Make sure the Blackmagic device is on and connected.
  4. In OBS add a Video Capture Device to the scene, open its properties and select Blackmagic device (1280x720)
  5. In OBS now select Start Virtual Camera
  6. In the GoTo desktop software you may now select OBS Virtual Camera as an input device

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
PaulDash
Active Contributor

Hello AshC! Great for someone from LogMeIn to contribute to this thread!

What you wrote mirrors my entry from April 19 of last year, however it shouldn't be presented as a solution.  The issue is with the GTM software not supporting 1080p webcam input. Putting OBS and OBS Virtual Camera, two 3rd-party pieces of software, in the middle is merely a temporary workaround.

What can we do to help you solve the issue? What can you tell us to enable the FullHD support?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@PaulDash  As soon as we have an update for increased webcam compatibility we will update the Community.  The solution is marked so new Community members don't have to scroll through the entire thread.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
BIMtraining
Regular Visitor

We badly need higher resolution for the webcam! Just got the setup for the upgraded training studio: Sony A6400 through Atem Mini Pro ISO connected to a MacBook Pro.  And we can not use it at the full potential. Yes, going through OBS works, but it destroys the quality, specially when teaching a design software like Archicad 😞