Character limit increase for polling questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

We constantly are running into character limit issues for polling questions and (sometimes) answers with our programs.  We are requesting this is increased so we do not need to abbreviate or truncate words.   

6 Comments
klmonline
Contributor

The current restrictions on interactive polls feel very old fashioned and are not competitive with other products in the industry. 

1. The length restrictions (maximum number of characters) for question and answer choices seem unnecessarily low.
  2. And there is no reason in the modern age why there should be a maximum of 5 answer choices allowed.

It would be nice to see both of these constraints loosened up to allow greater flexibility (and so that as an administrator, I don't have to keep telling guest presenters that the software won't allow them to express themselves the way they want).

Webinar Studio
Contributor

I would also support eliminating many of the polling question restrictions, including the limit of 20 polls per session.

Also being able to offer a wider variety of poll types or similar interactions should be something on the roadmap as well. 

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

TD11

I second the idea of increasing the number of characters allowed, both for the question and the answers. It would also be super helpful to have the option to use a text fields with a 250 character limit  to ask polling questions. 

Why are these changes not acted upon. If you were to survey GTW users, especially frequent users, I am sure a large percentage would welcome this enhancement.  

TD11

I completely agree. PLUS, it would be very helpful to have the option with polling questions to allow for open-end answers. Many participants struggle to find the question box but can see the polling questions. This is from someone who has hosted thousands of webinars on GTW and used the polling feature on hundreds of them.