cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Chat Ability for All Attendees

Chat Ability for All Attendees

Can you have attendees in GoToWebinar talk or text "chat" to each other during a live 500 attendee event??

If you can't - PLEASE - change it so they can. It is terrible that there is no way to have the attendees interact with each other -

We have a weekly webinar on the same day, and same time EVERY week. Our clients like to be able to come to the event and interact with each other - and with the GoToMeeting there is no way to do that.

Only the organizer can see the "Questions" from attendees.

Let us know if there are plans to FIX this, thanks!

168 Comments
GlennD
GoTo Manager
Hi Jean,

I'm sorry no, not at this time. Chat in GoToWebinar is limited to Staff, i.e. Organizers and Panelists. I have changed this to an Idea for consideration by our Product Team.
Moira Edwards,
It is absolutely necessary that we have the ability for attendees to chat to each other. How can we have interactive and collaborative learning without that? Seems strange to be paying so much for this platform and not having that.
Luca Vanin
I also think that this is one of the most and obscure limit of GoToWebinar.
Moreover, al the scientific and educational literature about videoconferencing shows that interaction among participants is a plus, not a distraction.
What about this issue? When it will be active?
Traci Bynum
This is definitely a need. We host several webinars for programs across the state and are looking at inviting others from across the country. We have to have chat capability. Learning from others in the field is a true asset.
GlennD
GoTo Manager
Hi Traci, depending on the number of attendees you typically have, you might find GoToTraining or a GoToMeeting 100 plan a better solution.
Luca Vanin
Hi Glenn,
What could be the difference between a 100 plan event and a 105 participants plan?
If I subscribe to a 1.000 plan, I pay a little more than a 100 plan and I have a worse platform? It is a paradox!
GlennD
GoTo Manager
Hi Luca, GoToMeeting, GoToTraining and GoToWebinar are designed for different use cases and have different feature sets. If chat is one of the most crucial features you need GoToMeeting and GoToTraining have it. We have a feature comparison here: http://www.gotomeeting.com/online/web...
Moira Edwards,
Thanks Glenn, but when I look at that feature list, I don't see the Chat identified there.
Moira Edwards,
It doesn't seem like there is an understanding that it isn't up to Citrix to decide whether my activity is a 'meeting' or a 'webinar', whether my attendees get to chat or do polls, but not both. That is up to me, along with my members and committees. It's based on the purpose of the activity and how we plan to achieve our outcome. Arbitrarily limiting the feature set in each product means that I just switch to a product that does both!
Luca Vanin
Moreover, I can set up a training session with 150, 278 ore 345 participants. It is up to me deciding what level of interaction do I need and activate.
GTW is for more than 100 people and we all have this need: a simple activation of the chat window!