cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Chat Ability for All Attendees

Chat Ability for All Attendees

Can you have attendees in GoToWebinar talk or text "chat" to each other during a live 500 attendee event??

If you can't - PLEASE - change it so they can. It is terrible that there is no way to have the attendees interact with each other -

We have a weekly webinar on the same day, and same time EVERY week. Our clients like to be able to come to the event and interact with each other - and with the GoToMeeting there is no way to do that.

Only the organizer can see the "Questions" from attendees.

Let us know if there are plans to FIX this, thanks!

168 Comments
Kevin Cole
I have to agree with this. The option to use the Chat feature should be active across all three platforms. It seems to be such a minimal element to include that would see a LOT of use. It's causing some conflict with my team here since it limits viewers from organizations that do not have an audible way of communicating.

Please consider turning this feature on. Or if not that, give the user the option to disable the chat. That shouldn't be difficult either.

The Organizers should be able to grant permissions as they see necessary.
Luca Vanin
I agree: a lot of people ask us "why I don't see the questions?" and it is hard to explain it with a good answer!
Traci Bynum
It is much more beneficial to the attendees and the presenter to have the networking between all.
Richard Wild
argh, so crazy that you cant enable this for webinars 😞
James Ballard
This is standard for all webinars I have used and seems like a big oversight. Audience participation is key to a good webinar and hidden questions just doesn't really help.

For example a simple ice-breaker might be to get people to introduce themselves in the chat and post questions as we go rather than interrupt the speaker. That other audience members can discuss the question is a necessary feature for community building.
Luca Vanin
Any update of the question?
Are you taking into consideration our requests and needs about this limit?
Thanks,
Luca
Jean2
Active Contributor
How is the "idea for consideration" coming along? Will CITRIX be making this feature available? Frankly - I know a lot of other people in my industry use a different webinar platform from a smaller company than yours called "Omnovia" that has this feature - and they would come over to CITRIX if you provided this feature because your platform is less expensive. Please reply - thanks!
Jean2
Active Contributor
you got that right!
Jean2
Active Contributor
Please get this problem fixed!!!
Jean2
Active Contributor
Luca - wonder if they will listen to us about this? Jean