cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Chat Ability for All Attendees

Chat Ability for All Attendees

Can you have attendees in GoToWebinar talk or text "chat" to each other during a live 500 attendee event??

If you can't - PLEASE - change it so they can. It is terrible that there is no way to have the attendees interact with each other -

We have a weekly webinar on the same day, and same time EVERY week. Our clients like to be able to come to the event and interact with each other - and with the GoToMeeting there is no way to do that.

Only the organizer can see the "Questions" from attendees.

Let us know if there are plans to FIX this, thanks!

168 Comments
Martin Armijo
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Hey all. Just wondering when GoToWebinar will allow the chat feature for everyone....

Chat Feature for GoToWebinar
Karen Lopez
Still hoping to see an update on this.  We are considering moving to a much more painful service to get this feature.
Echo2
Add me to the list. The Q&A/Chat thing in GTW is cumbersome, to say the least. We use a competitor product as well because it's got a chat option. But it has other features I don't like in some cases (inability to see how many attendees are logged on and waiting for start, for example). Still, those features are outweighed by the lack of chat in GTW, so we will not be renewing GTW.

Running a separate twitter feed is not the answer here. And the fact that people have been asking for this feature for years and there is still no movement tells me Citrix doesn't give a crap what many users are asking for. Heck, chat can be disabled by default, but let us make the decision whether to make it available or not....
Leslie Watson
Any update on this?  We are in our free trial and like most features of GtW, but the lack of open chat is a dealbreaker. 
Fran_Simon
Valued Contributor
Meg,Is it too late to talk with developers about this? I am always happy to talk with the team. I have done it a few times already.
Fran_Simon
Valued Contributor
We work around the problem by either responding to every question and promoting the response to all or entering a blank character and promoting to all. This allows people to see all of the questions and responses, but we have extremely active sessions, typically with 800 to 1000 participants, so it takes two people to manage the backchannel. But it is worth the work. I just want the chat function so I don't have to do that.
Echo2
Happy to talk to the devs if you're still looking. (My comment was added to a different thread, which has apparently been merged with this one.)
Echo2
Yes, but this is very cumbersome. I agree -- I just want the chat function so I don't have to worry about this (and can focus my energies on remembering to save the Q&A, which is another boneheaded non-feature.)
Fran_Simon
Valued Contributor
I agree about saving the Q and A. I did find that the Q A is in the analytics report, but you can't download it from there, which is so completely frustrating. They provided a great resource but forgot the most important detail.
Echo2
Unfortunately it saved only half of my Q&A in the reports last time. 😞