Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Customize "Webinar Full" screen

0 Kudos

Customize "Webinar Full" screen

We are planning on hosting several small webinars and expect the first to be "sold out". Once our registration quota is filled, any further registrants will see the "Webinar Full" screen that gotowebinar automatically generates. Can I customise that screen to direct users to register for our second or third webinars being held at another time?

30 Comments
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor
Hey Malcolm,
Great question!
You may add additional webinars onto an existing schedule so that registrants may select the next available session in line. 
GoToWebinar also offers follow-up emails to both Attendees and Registrants not in attendance.  You may customize these to a small degree with your own messaging.  Ref = http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/webinar/all_files/G2W020004

There is a redirect feature in Registration Settings that you may be interested in, though it does not fit your exact needs here.  This feature is customized per webinar, and can redirect registrants to a site of your choosing after they RSVP.

P&G Webinars
Active Contributor
How do I change the text that appears on the page that comes up when a user tries to register for a Webinar that is already full? I'd like to add details to say that we will send out information on how to access the webinar recording after the event.

Right now it just has my email address which means I'm getting a lot of emails where I'm just copying and pasting the same message over and over again.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor
Hello,
At this time, GoToWebinar does not offer customization of the 'Webinar Full' or 'Registration Full' messaging.  You can however, create recurring / multiple repeating webinar series, for different attendees to choose from, in case one registration fills up unexpectedly.

P&G Webinars
Active Contributor
Thank you for the quick reply Ash. This seems like a gap in functionality. We can already customize the text of emails, splash pages, etc, why not the Webinar Full page? Is there a way to suggest this as an idea to be included in future updates?
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor
Hi,
We must keep the messaging very clear for all Attendees, regardless of the content.  In this light, I'm afraid messages like 'The Webinar is full.  Please contact the Organizer for more information." must be kept as clear as possible for a uniform experience for all our users.  Legally, we are bound to some of this messaging, and I apologize if this inconveniences you in some way.

P&G Webinars
Active Contributor
Clear messaging absolutely makes sense, I'm just surprised we can't add an additional custom line to provide even more clarity. From a user perspective, it's more clear to see:

"The Webinar is full. Please contact the Organizer for more information.

Note from the Organizer: After the webinar is complete, a recording will be made available to those who are unable to join. We will send out details via the newsletter."

Or something similar. Now they see 1) It's clear the webinar is full and 2) They know what to do without having to send an email.
Ken Bell
The lack of this feature alone may make it worth switching to another provider. Our webinars are maxing out and I'm forced to respond to hundreds of individual emails for each webinar. Huge waste of time when all I need to do is add a line of custom text on the "webinar full" page.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor
Hi Ken,
There is a separate communication that you may automatically send to Absentees who do not attend the live broadcast.  This communication to registrant absentees can be customized under the scheduled GoToWebinar's Email section.

Ken Bell
We already do that, actually, and it doesn't help us with this issue. When a webinar fills up (over 1,000 people), many more people still want to register. The message simply states "contact the organizer" and lists my email address, so I still get hundreds of emails asking, "how do I register?" I have to individually respond to all those emails, which is a waste of time. All I need is the ability to customize that text with other info. Even if I could simply direct them to a page on our website, it would solve the problem. As it is, though, between the 1,000-attendee limit and this missing feature, we'll have to look at other providers.
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi Ken, while your attendee limit is 1000 for a classic webinar the registration limit should be 10,000 by default. Is it possible that you are referring to the Webinar is full message that is displayed to registrants trying to join a webinar once the attendee limit is reached?