Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Customize "Webinar Full" screen

0 Kudos

Customize "Webinar Full" screen

We are planning on hosting several small webinars and expect the first to be "sold out". Once our registration quota is filled, any further registrants will see the "Webinar Full" screen that gotowebinar automatically generates. Can I customise that screen to direct users to register for our second or third webinars being held at another time?

30 Comments
Ken Bell
The GoToWebinar limit is 1,000 simultaneous attendees (which is another reason we'll likely need a new vendor). For the last few webinars, I've set the max limit at around 1,900 to allow for attrition. When we get past 1,900 registrations, that's when they get the "webinar full" message. I can't set the upper limit at 10,000 because if 4,000 people register, I'd have 3,000 upset people who can't log into the live webinar even though they've registered. That's terrible for branding.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Here's another idea:  Schedule a recurring GoToWebinar series, allowing attendees to register for another identical event should the one they were late to is full.

This way, you don't have to reschedule -- just add on more sessions as needed.

Ken Bell
I appreciate that feedback and idea. Unfortunately it won't usually work for us as we work with outside speakers who frequently can't (or won't) commit to more than one session with us. 
Jennifer Berry
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Customize the "Webinar is Full" screen.

Is there a way to customize the "Webinar is Full" screen to provide more information for those who can't register. 
Fran_Simon
Valued Contributor

When the webinar is full, the page directs people to contact the organizer, but the emails are overwhelming.  We have other instructions for people. Can we edit it?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Fran_Simon 

That is not a message that can be edited currently. You could change the email address to a different one that has an auto-reply email directing them to register for another session or wait for the recording.

Fran_Simon
Valued Contributor

Help, please. I was told the webinar full message could not be changed. It is a nightmare to receive thousands (and I am not exaggerating) from people who are directed to contact me. 

I was told the email address to which viewers of the message could be changed to another email address that can send an auto reply with custom information.  I need to know the following: 

1. Does this have to be done for each webinar or once we change it, will that be the default for all full webinars?   
  2. Will this change how people  contact us otherwise? For example when they respond to reminders and confirmations? That's not going to work at all.
  3. How do you make that change.

I am dealing with many webinars that generate more emails than any company can handle. PLEASE, PLEASE HELP! 

Fran_Simon
Valued Contributor

Hi Glenn, 

You told me the email address to which viewers of the message could be changed to another email address that can send an auto reply with custom information.  I need to know the following: 

1. Does this have to be done for each webinar or once we change it, will that be the default for all full webinars?   
  2. Will this change how people  contact us otherwise? For example when they respond to reminders and confirmations? That's not going to work at all.
  3. How do you make that change.

I am dealing with many webinars that generate more emails than any company can handle. PLEASE, PLEASE HELP! 

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

For the time being my suggestion is this:

1. Edit your webinars and make sure the registration page mentions that space is limited and if you plan to provide recordings and/or repeats for those registrants that cannot make it to the live webinar. If you record the webinar you can also upload it right away as a simulated live event. 
  2. Edit your webinars Email options and change the email address to another one that you have or that you set up. On that email account set up auto-replies with the information, you need these registrants to know.

Owen1
Active Contributor

Please can you add the ability to edit the 'webinar full' page to your list of developments? The page is really unhelpful to webinar attendees and I get SO many unnecessary emails from people who see it. All we need is the ability to add some copy to the page.