Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Customize "Webinar Full" screen

0 Kudos

Customize "Webinar Full" screen

We are planning on hosting several small webinars and expect the first to be "sold out". Once our registration quota is filled, any further registrants will see the "Webinar Full" screen that gotowebinar automatically generates. Can I customise that screen to direct users to register for our second or third webinars being held at another time?

30 Comments
geoffwebinar
New Contributor

We often reach the 1,000 attendee limit and many are shown the dreaded "webinar is full" message which requests that the user "contact the organizer". During each of these webinars, I receive hundreds of emails from these viewers who state "GoToWebinar told me to contact the organizer", and many of course are irate about not being let in.

I'm recommending/requesting that like other messages, this message be customizable by the organizer. I would add something to the effect of an apology and a link to the post-recording. This would help some of those who couldn't get in feel better, and hopefully bring down the count of unnecessary emails that I have to respond to.

Thanks for considering this.

Fran_Simon
Valued Contributor

It would be a very easy tweak and would prevent paying customers to get thousands of annoying emails. But, no. GTW suggests changing the follow up page URL to a page on your site that provides more information. Poor substitute for a real solution.

geoffwebinar
New Contributor

I completely agree about how simple it would be. I do already provide a custom confirmation page URL. I do already tell folks in the confirmation email, in the reminder emails, on our blog, on Facebook and on our website about the limit capacity and what to do if they get the "webinar is full" message. Still, I get hundreds of emails every single time we reach capacity from folks who are really upset. A simple option for me to provide my own text for this webinar is full message would solve it. Or, fix all of the bugs in the webcast version so I could use it with confidence.

chrisd1
Active Contributor

Can I customize the "Webinar Full" screen that GoToWebinar automatically generates. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@chrisd1  This section of the software is not currently customizable.  We are considering it as a future enhancement possibility.

geoffwebinar
New Contributor

@AshC - thank you for mentioning that you are considering this. We've hit the limit again today and I've just responded to 176 upset customers who were told to contact me because the webinar is full. 14 more in my inbox now, gotta go response to them now...

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@geoffwebinar   There are a couple of ways you could manage that issue now:

1. Add an additional webinar to that schedule so attendees could register for both in case one is full, and clearly note as an additional registration warning:  Attendance to the broadcast is on a first come, first serve basis
  2. Link the webinar's cloud recording to the original registration url, and clearly note as an additional registration warning:  If the live broadcast fills before you can participate, then the webinar recording will be available afterwards by clicking this registration link again.  Please allow 24 hours after broadcast for the webinar recording to finish processing.

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

Cristen
Active Contributor

Is it safe to assume that, since you were considering this enhancement in February 2021 and it is now May 2023, GoTo has decided to not add this functionality?  

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Cristen, no this Idea is being considered for a future update.