Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Need the Option "unlink" the Cloud Recording Prior to the Webinar

0 Kudos

Need the Option "unlink" the Cloud Recording Prior to the Webinar

When you complete a webinar and you DON'T want the registration link to take you to the cloud recording, you have to go in after the webinar is complete and "unlink" the recording. Very manual process. During the webinar setup, I want the option to record in the cloud or locally and decide if the registration link will take people to the recording if it is in the cloud. Not remove link after the fact., but I want to add or remove link on GTW setup. (on the front end)

11 Comments
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

It used to be the other way around.  You used to have to go in after the webinar and link to the recording.

StephK
Active Contributor

Oh I see. Either way super manual... Want it on the "front end"...

KEvents
Active Contributor

Hello!

I've been using GTW for a couple of years now, but I'm not sure I understand this problem, so wanted to  check for my own information.

I also do not want to share the video for the event until I've completed some editing and finessed it somewhat.  

When I schedule webinars, registrants are automatically approved and I have nothing selected in After Session Video in the Registration area. 

Leaving After Session Video blank, I'm assuming I am controlling sharing the video as I require but after reading this and several other similar posts, are there other fields I need to check?

Many thanks,

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

It used to be you had to go into the Dashboard after the webinar and link the past webinar to the webinar recording.

Now the link is automatic, so if you do not want the recording (now called a video) to link to the old webinar registration page, you have to go into the Dashboard to manually disconnect the recording video from the webinar.  I have to do this for most of the webinars I organize.

StephK
Active Contributor
Hmm this is interesting on my registration I don't see the " after Session Video" option in the Registration area.  Under Setting> registration I only see the option to chose if i want to verify attendees.  
KEvents
Active Contributor

This is my view of the Registration area...

registration.png

StephK
Active Contributor

So I have the same option when I go to a "upcoming events" and click on the name and scroll to registration.

When you hover over the "i" it states that once the webinar is complete it will send the video. No option to change that. Notice prior to the even there is NOT a video there. 

image.png

When I go to the past events, the video is automatically uploaded and anyone that clicks the registration link that was sent prior to the webinar will see the recording. I want the option to not have the cloud recording available through the registration link after the webinar ends. NOW I have to unlink it "manually" after the fact. 

image.png

KEvents
Active Contributor

Wowsers!  Thanks @StephK , NOW I get it!  Just looked into one of my past events and completely understand the issue!

Consider this another vote on your original suggestion!

StephK
Active Contributor
This is not the solution... it is the description of exactly what i want changed...
GlennD
GoTo Manager
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi,

Organizers can now choose not to share or make the webinar recording available to attendees after the session at an account level (across all webinars). Currently, the recording is automatically added for webinars that are recorded online.