Recorded webinar - scheduled or on-demand - to have transcript available as subtitles via toggle

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Recorded webinar - scheduled or on-demand - to have transcript available as subtitles via toggle

Hello!  One feature that would be so helpful - especially in a more inclusive era of business - would be to have the transcript available as subtitles via toggle button on a recorded webinar - scheduled or on-demand.  I'm sure having live subtitles would be very costly, but for a recording being offered as either a scheduled or on-demand webinar, then if there were a way for an attendee to hit a subtitles button to display the text on-screen... that would really benefit folks with hearing complications, ADD, and ESL needs.

thanks for your consideration!

~Laura Weber

ACSIA Partners, LLC

4 Comments
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @ACSIAPartners, welcome to the community.

Some of what you are asking for is available using GoToStage. We generate transcripts for webinars that are recorded (cloud recording not local recording), and if you publish your recorded webinar to your GoToStage page the transcripts are displayed to the attendee while they are viewing the recording. 

We are looking at adding live transcripts/closed captioning to live webinars (not a small task), and there are a couple of workarounds that can be used in the meantime.  

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Investigating

Georginataylor

There is no capacity for closed captions on GoTo webinar which provides no access to those people who are hard of hearing or deaf. I am very shocked that in 2024 a platform like GoTo is actively non-inclusive to those with a disability and may require additional/specific support to engage with events.

I strongly recommend bringing up the development of closed captions as a top priority!