Webcam input from Wirecast, Tricaster, etc. (or RTMP feed)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 Kudos

My company is using Wirecast and/or Tricaster for video production and we want to feed that video stream into G2W. Both platforms provide connection software for feeding into webcams. When we try this with other platforms (Webex, etc.) it works great, but with G2W we're getting errors that the webcam "is already in use" or is not recognized. Of course the ideal solution would be an RTMP feed into G2W. Can you assist us? Thank so much, Lance Simon, 4DWW.tv

2 Comments
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor
Do you want to feed that video stream in place of the webcam in GTW (using the GTW webcam feature) or feed it into GTW as the program (instead of a PowerPoint)?

Know that GTW grabs the webcam input when it starts. If you start up another program (like QuickTime) and access the webcam video feed BEFORE you start GTW, then that webcam feed could be shown to the audience via GTW as the main program, not using their webcam feature.
Lance Simon
Got it. Let me ask this in a different way. For the webcast product are there any plans to support a direct RTMP/RTSP streams as input for the main program? I believe On24 supports this. Thank you!