cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Able to split the webcam and shared screen as an attendee

As goto webinar attendees, I would like to be able to split the webcam and shared screen as separate window, so I can maximize my virtual attendee experience.   

I have been using Goto Webinar for almost two years. When I host a webinar I turn on Webcam as well as screen sharing. For my attendees, it is very important to see the host and shared screen at the same time. As of now, the webcam and shared screen is in one window and there is no way you can split the cam and screen. Therefore, the webcam will be too small if you want to increase the screen size. It means you have to sacrifice one in order to enlarge another. If there is way we can split the shared screen and the webcam, attendees can easily hookup double monitor and maximize the shared screen in first monitor and maximize the webcam in second monitor. This will give them best possible virtual experiences. Attendees will able to FEEL like they are in front of the host.

Thanks!     
4 REPLIES 4
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Able to split the webcam and shared screen as an attendee

Hi Kuzzat,
We are redesigning the interface, and can certainly add a feature request to separate the webcams by default on GoToWebinar's Attendee Viewer.  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

On a Mac I open Quicktime Player and set it to New Recording. This gives me a window with my face in it.  Then I start GTW. And then start my PowerPoint. If you setup PowerPoint show to show in a window rather than full screen, then you have complete control over how large the PowerPoint and the camera windows are. 
New Contributor

I attended a webinar run by GTW this morning and saw the attendee screen for the first time.  I have been running webinars for years but only recently have move to using webcams alongside the PowerPoint slides.

What I discoverd was that it comes in split screen and allws attendees to manipulate what they are looking at either by dragging the tab between the screen or flipping.  I was blown away with this but I'm not sure that this is what my attendees see.

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @Barry Osborne 

The attendee view varies a little based on the device they joined the webinar from. Windows and Mac users that can run our desktop software have the ability to resize the webcam vs presentation window or even split them between screens if they have more than one.  

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!