cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Access webinar on a locked down PC

Our PCs are locked down and no software can be installed.

Is it possible to access and connect to a https://global.gotowebinar.com/join/.... webinar session, on a locked down PC?  

With goto meeting, I can use the app version in Chrome, which requires no additional software.  Is there any way to do the same for Goto Webinar?  The tests I have done suggest my browser and PC are OK - but I don't want to wait until the session next week in order to find out  I cannot access it.

If you can offer any advice on this matter - or a test webinar to try it out, I would appreciate it.

My Surface Pro is running Windows 10 with a choice of Edge, Chrome or IE11.  But no additional software or EXEs can be installed or run.

Thanks

24 REPLIES 24
Respected Contributor

Re: Access webinar on a locked down PC

I have run GoTo webinars from locked-down Windows computers with no problems. 

It depends on how locked-down your computer is.  Mine is so locked down I have to keep ignoring the Java update and similar notices, since I do not have the rights to install those. 

Skype is our corporate solution for on-line meetings. Our IT guys were not thrilled with my use of GoToWebinar, but tolerate me using it.  They have done nothing to make it easier for me to use GoTo, and so far, I have had no issues.

New Contributor

Thanks, Chris.

Our PCs are heavily locked down - we can't even get a command prompt or run any executable that isn't already installed and signed off etc.  So downloading a client is an absolute no-no.

So, I either need a test Webinar so I can properly try and connect in advance (I thought this was possible but can't seem to see one that actually fully lets me connect) or I need access to a web-based GotoWebinar client, like the one available for GotoMeeting (https://app.gotomeeting.com/). 

1. Does a web-based client for GotoWebinar exist? 
    (unfortunately, https://app.gotowebinar.com doesn't seem to work)
  2. Is there a proper test Webinar I can try connecting to?

Thanks 

Respected Contributor

You can use the web client for GoToWebinar by adding ?clientType=html5  to the join URL received in the confirmation or reminder email.

If our schedules coincide today, I would be glad to setup a webinar and have you try to access it.

New Contributor

Hi again, Chris.

I would love to give that a go if you could accommodate test at sometime today.  It's 1PM GMT now.  I'm around for another 3-4 hours.  If you could send a link I will test it with the html5 option as soon as I can.  

Many thanks

Gareth

Respected Contributor

Our GoTo licence is in use for the next 3.5 hrs.  Lets try something  later at that time.

Respected Contributor

Gareth, are you available now?

New Contributor

Hi Chris - I am indeed Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

I see that you have registered for, but have not connected to the webinar.