cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Add the ability for Webinar Attendees to chat with each other.

Unfortunately it saved only half of my Q&A in the reports last time. :-(
Highlighted
New Contributor

I'd be glad to discuss as well. It is super frustrating not to have this feature.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I need attendees to be able to chat with each other, but I don't see how.

I just hosted a webinar where the presenter assumed attendees could see each other's posts, and it was awkward. How do I accomplish this? Do I have to paste every Question into the Chat box?
Highlighted
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: I need attendees to be able to chat with each other, but I don't see how.

Hi Heidi, it is currently not possible for attendees to chat with other attendees; however, organizers/panelists responding to questions do have the option to "Respond to all" when answering to questions, rather than responding privately to the individual asking the question.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I work around that by entering in one blank space after every response and clicking "respond to all". It is time-consuming, but I do it. That's one of the reasons I always have someone else working with me as an organizer in every session. I sure wish there was a public chat option like so many of the competing systems have.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

The main reason chat is not included for GoToWebinar attendees is because you could potentially have a two thousand person audience.  Allowing attendees to chat could violate some privacy rules of certain organizations, and also greatly distract audience members.  We do have Chat available for up to 200 attendees however, with GoToTraining, and 100 attendees with GoToMeeting if you feel that you need this function for your broadcasts to smaller audiences.

Highlighted
New Contributor

how do we use chat with 100 attendees in our gotowebinar?
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Sharon,
You can send a chat message through the GoToWebinar interface addressed to the entire audience.
Chat its self was designed for staff members, while 'Questions' were designed for attendees to enter them and Organizers to manage this potentially large list in their Attendee Questions pane.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Chat Box.

I have a few presenters that LOVE participation during their presentation. Is it possible to make the ChatBox available for all attendees to use and see eachother's response?
Highlighted
New Contributor

After testing about half a dozen different types of webinar and online meeting platforms, I went with Adobeconnect.  I've been using it for over a year now and love it.  Used GoToMeeting both while working for another company for a few years as well as for my own company, but Adobeconnect is far better for a classroom environment.  Webcam, chat, student breakout rooms, whiteboard, PDF & Powerpoint sharing, desktop sharing, multiple presenters, Q & A, Notes, URL sharing, file sharing and on and on.  All pods that can be sized and arranged and saved as a presentation format.