cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RaySGWS
Active Contributor

Attendee's last name generates Enter Your Last Name error

I have an attendee whose last name generates the Enter Your Last Name error after clicking Register. I tried the info myself, and sure enough I get the same error. I had to shorten her last name down to 3 letters for the system to allow the registration.

Her last name is nothing offensive, nor has any spaces. Why is it stopping the process?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adrian_I
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Attendee's last name generates Enter Your Last Name error

Hi Ray,

So I found out what the problem is.  The specific part of that makes it return an error is the 'onDrag' portion.  That phrase is part of a list that is blacklisted because it is a coding function that could be used in part of a scripting attack.  Unfortunately the name you mentioned has that contained within it, so the whole thing gets ignored intentionally.  Users with the name you gave me will just need to enter a different name, or a variation of it.  They could enter a numerical 0 instead of the letter O in the beginning.  They can use a space to break up the name "on dragon" and so on.  

Sorry about the inconvenience with that!  It was a new one on me as well but it was something that we had internally documented as it has come up before.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Adrian_I

Hi Ray, 

Sorry to hear about the problem you're finding.  That sure sounds like a unique issue!  Would you mind telling me what the person's last name is so that I can test and research it myself?  If you wish to protect their privacy, feel free to private message me their name and any other info.  You can do that by clicking on my name and then clicking on the Send A Message button.

Thanks!

RaySGWS
Active Contributor

Thanks, Adrian! I'll PM you the specific name, but I'll share it has "dragon" as part of it (legit Spanish last name), and it worked after removing that part.

Adrian_I

Hi Ray,

So I found out what the problem is.  The specific part of that makes it return an error is the 'onDrag' portion.  That phrase is part of a list that is blacklisted because it is a coding function that could be used in part of a scripting attack.  Unfortunately the name you mentioned has that contained within it, so the whole thing gets ignored intentionally.  Users with the name you gave me will just need to enter a different name, or a variation of it.  They could enter a numerical 0 instead of the letter O in the beginning.  They can use a space to break up the name "on dragon" and so on.  

Sorry about the inconvenience with that!  It was a new one on me as well but it was something that we had internally documented as it has come up before.

View solution in original post

RaySGWS
Active Contributor

Thanks!

miamiman
New Contributor

Thanks for this! Had spent an hour looking for an API/Oath error in our embedded webforms.