cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Bot or Troll on all webinars

For our past 20 webinars or so, there's either a very persistant troll or a bot that logs in and posts nonsense in the question panel. Even after dismissing this attendee he will log right back in. Started using different email addresses  (see below) but always goes by the name "miraj patel".

If it's a real person, I'm extremely concerned for his mental health. If a bot, it's beyond annoying.

Using the "Manually Approve" fuction would be so cumbersome since we generally have close to 1,000 registrants for each session. 

Wondering if there's a better way to deny this person access to the sessions? IP ban, etc. Even a "mute" feature for the question panel would be a big help.

Common logins:

baskinrobbins.receipts@gmail.com
miraj1116@aol.com
folgers00902@gmail.com
derivativeremover.medicaid.line@mail.com

3 REPLIES
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Bot or Troll on all webinars

Hi Matt,

The other security measure besides Registration Approval is the Password functionality.  With this tool, you are responsible for notifying all participants of the password before the start of the webinar.

New Contributor

This person has also been attending webinars hosted throughout December by my organisation.  As reported by Matt, he asks a lot of off-topic questions and will create a new account if dismissed.  In our case, he always uses the surname Patel but changes his first name every time. He does always use one of four email addresses though.

An IP ban or an email address ban would be a rather useful feature to deal with this sort of situation.

Our Webinars are open to the public so a password system would not help.

Tags (2)
LogMeIn Contributor

@Matt17  Sorry to hear about the headaches there.  Have you considered using the GoToWebinar Password feature, or adding some custom / mandatory registration questions to help reduce the unwanted attendees?

** I'm afraid GoToWebinar doesn't have the ability to block out specific IPs of Attendees, except where the US state department has indicated otherwise (i.e. entire countries or regions).