cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Can an attendee join via phone audio only, without joining the session on a computer/device?

Can an attendee join a GoToWebinar via phone audio only, following the instructions in her confirmation email, without logging in to the session on a computer/device?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Can an attendee join via phone audio only, without joining the session on a computer/device?

Hi Stephen,
Yes, this is possible.  The only reason this would not be possible is if the webinar was scheduled to only use computer audio.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Can an attendee join via phone audio only, without joining the session on a computer/device?

Hi Stephen,
Yes, this is possible.  The only reason this would not be possible is if the webinar was scheduled to only use computer audio.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Be careful, though... People who just call in are not recognized as attendees in the attendee report. If you have to track participation, it will look like the people who called in did not attend, and they will receive the follow-up email intended for people who did not attend. It's just good to know the downside. 
Fran Simon
Engagement Strategies
http://EngageStrat.com
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

And if they connect to the webinar through just the phone you can not unmute them to let them speak.
And one time I had a phone-only attendee who connected to the webinar unmuted, and they had a noisy office that I could not mute.
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Hello,

This post is a little old but I think my questions will fit here:

• Just to confirm, if an attendee uses ONLY the phone to call in a listen to the webinar, that will not be reported?
  • If an attendee uses the computer but chooses the phone as audio source, that is reported, correct?
  • Finally, is there a way to know what audio source the attendee used? I didn't find anything like this in the reports. This is important for us because we are trying to decide wheter or not we start using Webcast mode to accomodate more people.

Thank you in advance!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Yes, if the Attendee uses only a phone they are not recorded anywhere.

Yes, if the Attendee connects to the webinar with a computer, then chooses to use the phone for audio, they show up on the Attendee list.  During the webinar you can tell who is using computer audio and who is using the phone for audio by looking at the icon next to their name, but after the webinar is over, the Attendee report does not contain this information.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Thank you for your quick reply. I was told by someone in my company that at their former company they were facing the same decision and that somehow they got data about how many people joined by dialing in vs computer audio.

ANything that would shed a little bit of light on this would be appreciate it.

Thank you.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@TheManuGarcia  This post is still accurate.  We are also working on a potential solution for unidentified GoToWebinar callers, but I don't have firm details yet.  We will update the Community if additional solutions become available.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Does anyone know if GoToWebinar is any closer to resolving the problem of someone joining via phone without logging onto a computer?  We held a webinar with 200+ and out of the blue someone was talking and we could see a person was on the phone but did not know who it was until one of the panelists recognized his voice.  We could not mute him etc.  Also, analytics did not show he attended the webinar.  He did not enter the PIN we provided and only pressed # or nothing (not sure) and entered the webinar.  Our next meeting, we disabled the ability to call in altogether.  Would really like to see a solution to this issue.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@PAI931  The attendee phone lines in GoToWebinar are all muted by default, so the unknown caller would have been given a staff access code by someone within your team.  You should still be able to mute the caller by pressing the 'Mute All' button in the Organizer control panel. 

In the future we plan to manage unidentified phone callers to GoToWebinar broadcasts within the attendee list itself.