cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Allowing multiple people to use one webinar registration

I want to limit my webinar registration to no more than four organizations, but I want those organizations to be able to bring additional people within their org to the webinar. I've limited my registration to four registrants. Can those registrants share the link they receive with others in their org or will it only work for one login? If it only will work for one login, is there a way I can accomplish limiting my webinar to four organizations but allow multiple attendees per org?
Active Contributor

Re: Allowing multiple people to use one webinar registration

Hi Nancy,

I discovered the answer to your question by chance when I noticed that one of my attendees was logged in 6 times. ie. his name appeared six times in the attendee box. When I investigated further, he told me that 5 other people in his office used his link to log in.

So, the answer to your question is yes.
One person from each of the 4 organisations registers.
They receive the GTW email with link to join.
They forward that email to other people in their organisation.
They all use that email to join the webinar.

You will have 4 different names in the attendee box, but multiples of each of the 4 names 🙂
New Contributor

Thanks, I thought this was probably the case, even though it says not to share the link in the confirmation email.
Active Contributor

Correct. They should not share the link. That's how I discovered it by chance but the organiser can see the same name multiple times and if the situation warrants it, the organiser can dismiss any attendee by right-clicking on their name.
New Contributor

Is it possible to offer a GoToWebinar that does not require any registration in advance?

I am hoping to set up a series of virtual demos where people can join at will to listen and ask questions. I do not want them to have to pre-register, but rather join immediately and bi-pass the registration process. I have attended demos like this recently and would like to replicate, if possible, since we do not need to track individual participants for the series.
Contributor

Re: Is it possible to offer a GoToWebinar that does not require any registration in advance?

Hi Andrea,

Through GoToWebinar, the registration is always required.  At the very least the first name, last name and email address need to be entered in order to join a session.  If the sessions were done under a GoToMeeting plan there is no registration, but you would have less features for moderating a large group as GoToMeeting is meant to be more of an open forum.  Also, the max number of attendees that you can get through the GoToMeeting plans is 100, where as GoToWebinar offers plans for up to 1000.

New Contributor

Re: Upload a List of Registrants?

Glenn- Is Citrix working on the safeguards to make this possible?
New Contributor

Hi Liana -

In my case, I do not want anyone to use another person's link to join any of my webinars. We use the attendee list to create a distribution list for those eligible to take a test at another website after the webinar to get a Certificate of Completion. We tell our members only those who log in under their own links are eligible to test. Those who listen on the phone only, who look at the screen over someone's shoulder or who use someone else's link are not eligible. I would like Citrix to prevent duplicate logins on my account only. Is that possible? Thank you. Robin Stout Migala
Active Contributor

Hi Robin. We do not allow multiple log ins from the one link either, for much the same reasons as you. Perhaps you could post this as an 'Idea' because I too would like Citrix to prevent duplicate log ins from one link or at least make it an option to for organisers.
New Contributor

Please ask them to make it optional! We need to be able to let multiple people participate per organization (at different locations) but limit participation to 4 organizations. There's no other way to do it except to let multiple people from one org use the same link.