cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Changing Date and Time of Scheduled GoTo Webinar

I have an already -scheduled GoTo Webinar with over 100 participants already registered.  I need to change the date and time of the webinar.   If I do this in the "manage webinar" page - will it send an automatic update to these registrants?   Or how else do I do this?
10 REPLIES
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Changing Date and Time of Scheduled GoTo Webinar

Hi Allison,
No worries there.  The default behavior is to send an update to all those registered participants.  You would have to manually uncheck the 'notify' option when changing the date/time in order to skip this process.

Active Contributor

Once you make the change... there is a check box to send an update.

If you check it - it will send them a notice saying the time and date have changed... If you do not check - they will not get a notice - but will just receive their reminders at the new date and time. 
New Contributor

Thank you so much Vicki and Ash. Appreciate the quick responses!
-Allison
New Contributor

Related question - if they had an Outlook calendar event related to this event that was populated automatically through GoToWebinar and you change the time later, should the calendar event automatically get updated too? I had a participant say that the calendar event just disappeared from her calendar when I updated the time.
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Kimberly,

As you save the changes to your webinar, you should see an option to Notify existing Registrants, this will send an email with an updated calendar reminder to all of the existing registrants.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Active Contributor

You have to go into the webinar and edit the new date and time. Check the box to notify all participants of the change. They organizers, panelists and any registrants will receive an email of the new date and time for the webinar.

New Contributor

I am unable to change the date and time of a webinar with 75 registrants. It was scheduled for today, at the time of the GoToWebinar system outage. I was never able to start the program.

Now I need to change the time and date without making everyone re-register. However in the "edit Date and Time" page, there is no way to update the new time and date.

How do I do this?

LogMeIn Contributor

@Larry Bodine   I'm sorry, Larry!

If your webinar was affected by the service disruptions today, and has already moved to the Past Webinars page, then you may have to reschedule the event and re-invite your registrant list from the prior event.

You can let the audience know that we unfortunately had a systems problem today that caused some sessions to fail at launch--- referencing System Status pages.

New Contributor

OK I can create a new webinar time/date, but isn't there a way to migrate or copy the 75 registrants? I DON'T want to make my customers have to re-register!!