cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Changing scheduled webinar types between recurring / individual / simulated-live

Good Morning, I have set up a webinar in two parts where currently you can register for one or the other, I want to change this so that people register for both sessions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Migrating registrants

Hi @Andyjhc1 ,

I'm afraid schedule types cannot currently be altered once created by an organizer, and you cannot use the same join links for a newly scheduled webinar.  However, you can ask that Customer Support migrate an existing registration list into a newly scheduled one.  Just make certain the new webinar only asks for the Name / Email on the new registration settings in order for compatibility. 

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Changing webinar from two seperate sessions to reg for both?

Hi Kelly,

Unfortunately once you have selected the registration type it is not possible to change it later. You will need to schedule a new webinar with two sessions and select: 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Can you change a existing webinar into a series of webinar, will link still work if invitees have already registered

I have already sent out the invite to our staff around the country, some have already registered. You want to have this webinar as a regular staff webinar, set to fortnightly. I have found instructions on setting this up as a series using custom schedule. 
1. Can I change a existing webinar to a series?
2. Will the link then work for anyone who has already registered? I want them to use the same link each time.
3. Is there any problems with using the same link each time?
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Can you change a existing webinar into a series of webinar, will link still work if invitees have already registered

Hi Ally,

I'm sorry no, this is not possible. You will need to schedule a new webinar as a recurring series: http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/Webinar/help_files/G2W090082

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Can you change a existing webinar into a series of webinar, will link still work if invitees have already registered

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Scheduling Multiple Options for Webinar.

I scheduled a one-time webinar and now want to add additional options for times -- so that registrants see one link with a drop down menu of multiple sessions that they could choose from. 

When I try to edit my one-time webinar and add another session, the link for registrants appears to show two mandatory session that attendees must go to (they dont have the option of picking either/or). 

I don't want to create a new webinar since some people have registered for my one-time webinar - I just want to add additional options for times and want them to be in one link since it's already been sent out and I dont want to send two different times in two different links. Let me know if this is possible. 
Highlighted
New Contributor

How can I change an already scheduled webinar to a webcast?

We have set up a number of training sessions but created them as webinars.  We really don't need to have our employees register for this, we just want them to be able to click on the link and join the training session.  Seems to me the best way for this is to create a webcast.  Is there a way to make the webinar a webcast? Or do we just have to cancel the webinars and create webcasts?  Or, is there a way to do this via the webinars?  
Highlighted
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: How can I change an already scheduled webinar to a webcast?

Hi Scott, I'm sorry but once scheduled as a Classic webinar, it cannot be converted into a Webcast. You would have to reschedule the session.  Either way though, whether the webinar type is Classic or Webcast, the registration flow works the same.
If you do not care to have attendees register ahead of time, they can simply click on the registration link at the time of the session.   If you, as organizer, have already launched the session from your end at the time an attendee goes to click the registration link to join, then it will give them a 'Join webinar in Progress' option and they will be taken straight into the webinar after entering their info into the web form.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Perfect!  Thanks, Tom.  I appreciate the quick feedback.  

Scott
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Oh! I wish you could change webinars to webcasts. Bummer. Any way that could be put on a product roadmap?
Fran Simon
Engagement Strategies
http://EngageStrat.com
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Fran,

It's already on there for a future update.