cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnny_he
Active Contributor

Client Not Happy - Severe Audio Drop Outs

Severe audio issues on both webinars today. 500 attendees. The client is not happy. I was also on the "customer support" line, with no one answering the phone. This is extremely disappoining. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
johnny_he
Active Contributor

Re: Client Not Happy - Severe Audio Drop Outs

It may be worth offering a dedicated dial in # for corporate accounts. We were well below our plan limit as well 500/1000. The issue is with the audio, there were no complaints with video.  It's not neighborhood congestion, otherwise people would complain about a blurry presentation, all ISP providers have increased speed and bandwidth. We raised this issue a year or two ago, and see things are the same. 

You just didnt provision quickly enough for usage, and still have systemic outages and capacity issues as a result.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
johnny_he
Active Contributor

Also theres no email support. No ticket tracking. How can we resolve these issues.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

What kind of computer was the Presenter presenting from? Operating system?

Was the Presenter connected to the Internet through wifi or a direct wire?

What kind of microphone was the Presenter using?

Did the Presenter reboot his/her computer within an hour of the start of the webinar?

Please describe the "Severe audio issues".  Does this mean the voice sounded robotic? Was the voice staticy?  Did the voice drop out? If dropouts, was there a pattern to the dropouts?  Was there too much bass or not enough bass in the Presenter's voice?

johnny_he
Active Contributor

There were 5 different presenters across the call this afternoon. There was no audio issues while the meeting was not started. Organizers only. It only started getting choppy when there was live with a presentation. The 2.30 call now is slightly better. We switched audio connections multiple times throughout the call, computer audio, toll free, long distance.

This has been a very disappointing day for many of our attendees and clients. Also there was no one to pick up the support line, when I called in.

Furthermore, i dont believe a community forum is a good way to handle support requests.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

We were also experiencing a lot of audio issues on our GoToWebinars today.  With the surge in the number of online meetings and kids at home playing online video games, I think the Internet is close to its limits with the high demand on bandwidth due to the virus.

We are trying to use less webcams during our webinars to help reduce the Internet traffic.

I don't see this as a GoTo problem.  If I get stuck in slow traffic on the highway, I would not see that as a Ford problem.

DRG_Admin
New Contributor

What is your location? We are located in Germany, with participants also from Germany or surrounding countries. We had severe audio issues in our webinars (WebCasts) the last two days. One had 1,200 participants and one had the maximum 3,000, with another 2,000 that couldn't log in in the first place. We don't even use any webcams, it's just powerpoint slides and audio voiceover.

Before the current crisis hit, we regularly had (classic) webinars with 1,000 participants without any major problems. These problems certainly seem to be related to the current spike in the usage of webinars and video conferences. However, I'm fairly sure that it is not the internet in general that is the bottleneck here. We have absolutely no general network or connectivity issues here. In our Zoom video calls with ~25 employees calling in from various locations, everything is running smoothly. Video streaming from our websites also works without issue.

So either this is specific overloading of LogMeIn's infrastructure, or location-related. It used to be the case that all of the servers were located in North America, which would put users like us, in Europe, at a major disadvantage. The latency of the signal travelling all the way across the Atlantic and back would obviously compound any technical issues. I'd hope that GoToWebinar now uses also European data centers, but I suspect they don't.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Having some audio issues here in North Carolina, USA.

Many folks are working from home trying to stay in touch with colleagues using GoTo or other web tools.  Meanwhile the kids are out of school playing online games or streaming HD movies.  Though many have high-speed Internet at their house, I suspect the Internet pipeline into the neighborhoods is reaching its maximum capacity.  It is not the same as we have in commercial buildings.  This might be different in your country.

Audio on GoTo seems to be  better in the morning while the kids are sleeping in late.

You can test the speed of your network connection, and then minutes later, the fast speed can be gone.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

LogMeIn is investigating the audio issue.  See here:

https://status.gotomeeting.com/ 

johnny_he
Active Contributor

It may be worth offering a dedicated dial in # for corporate accounts. We were well below our plan limit as well 500/1000. The issue is with the audio, there were no complaints with video.  It's not neighborhood congestion, otherwise people would complain about a blurry presentation, all ISP providers have increased speed and bandwidth. We raised this issue a year or two ago, and see things are the same. 

You just didnt provision quickly enough for usage, and still have systemic outages and capacity issues as a result.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

I apologize for the inconvenience @johnny_he --  We are investigating reports of internet service disruptions across North America today, and hope to have more answers soon.  Please reference status.gotomeeting.com for updates.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!