cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpiserchia
Active Contributor

Customizing the Registration Page

I really wish there were more useful customization options for the registration page. For our organization, it makes sense for the registration page to show the company logo, an image representing the webinar itself, a webinar summary/description, a presenter bio with headshot, and then a "for more info..." link to the company website. I can't really do any of this with the current tools available. I can only add one image besdes the logo, I can't alter the formatting so that the Presenter Bio is in a separate section from the webinar description, and I can't embed a hyperlink. I can't even trick it by typing the HTML into the description because the text box won't allow <> and other characters. I would love to see greater customization features enabled at some point, ideally before the year is up and we decide whether to continue using this service or not. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Customizing the Registration Page

You may not be able to do this, but I create a web page on our company web server to describe all of my webinars. I can add all the pictures and text I need as well as attach PowerPoint files and other documents that the webinar attendees might need. On my web page is a link to the GoTo registration page.  So in this case, I don't expect much from the GoTo webinar page.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

You may not be able to do this, but I create a web page on our company web server to describe all of my webinars. I can add all the pictures and text I need as well as attach PowerPoint files and other documents that the webinar attendees might need. On my web page is a link to the GoTo registration page.  So in this case, I don't expect much from the GoTo webinar page.

dpiserchia
Active Contributor

I see, so to promote the webinar you use the website page, then actual registration is a basic form using the GoToWebinar link? That makes sense, thank you. 

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Yes, but not everyone has access to creating their own web pages.  If these webinars are for the public or trying to generate business, then there should be a public-facing web page where these webinars can be promoted.

Then, as you say, use the GoTo Registration page just for the registration.

Some use the GoTo API to embed the registration on their own webpage, and their webinar attendees never see a GoTo registration page.

Some people expect GoToWebinar to do everything for them when there are other, many times better options out there to do the things that GoTo was never designed to do.