cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Follow up email not adding video

It's the second time that I added the archived video as usual to the follow up email and the link doesn't appear in the message. Did something changed in the process of adding the recorded webinars to the follow up? Please advise. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Follow up email not adding video

Thanks, I was able to revert to the old version and it's working now.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@Cinzia Iacovell1  Sometimes you can still go back and confirm the settings you made from a prior GoToWebinar event.  If you've already done this, we would like to create a case with you over the phone to document the webinar environment so engineers can try to understand the failure.

https://support.logmeininc.com/contactus

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Thanks, I was able to revert to the old version and it's working now.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

I just experienced this. Clicked to add the video, it's showing that it's added, but did not send in the follow up emails. How can I fix? thanks. 

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @cclarkweg ,

If your webinar's followup emails were scheduled to send right before you checked to add the video, then they may have already been queued for delivery.

If your followups were not set to send for at least an hour later or more, then you would want to file a case with Customer Support by telephone when you have a few minutes to document the environment.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

@AshC- I had a similar issue.  I set up my follow-up emails to add a video.  I checked 'automatically include the online recording'

2019-12-10_11-32-59.png

like this2019-12-10_11-33-49.png

These are the emails that sent out, no link to the online recording.2019-12-10_11-43-02.png2019-12-10_11-42-28.png

ok, darn - so I went back in and edited the event, even though it said i had sent the emails to folks. I removed the 'online attachment' and added in the uploaded file from my local recording

2019-12-10_11-34-16.png

I then changed the follow up email time to a different time (instead of 3 hours after the event, which had passed, i set it to 4 hours after event).  I changed the copy in the message body to additionally include a direct URL to the recording, thinking that this would send out the email a second time.

on save, i assumed that this email would send out - but I received nothing - maybe this event said 'oh you already sent this out, you dont want to send followups again'

This might be improved by:

if online recordings arent enabled in a client, not allowing the user to select online recordings (is that what i did wrong? is that the case?)

if a followup has already been sent, giving the user the option to re-send the followup with updated information ("this followup has already been sent and this change will send out the notification again - are you sure you want to do this?")

I think the only thing i can do to resolve this at this point is to export all the attendees emails' and send them a follow up email personally, with the corrected link.  Is that accurate?

2019-12-10_11-50-07.png

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@rois  Yes, I'm afraid the GoToWebinar system can only send out one follow-up email per scheduled event. 

If you are recording these directly to your GoTo account (cloud) and setting the preference to include the recording, try extending the follow-up email time, just in case the recording process time gets extended due to a lengthy or large recording file.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Thank you for the reply.   If I may, two storiy ideas demonstrating how this could be handled better in the UI:

1. For users who don't have 'save recordings to video library' set as a account level setting, like shown below, its a bummer that the 'default' option thats presented first, 'automatically include the online recording', doesnt warn the user on save.  Prompting the user in that case, e.g. displaying 'hey, you don't have save recordings to video library' turned on - would you like to do that now?'' would be a good way to drive adoption of that function.  Knowing that is the problem, I just went in and turned that feature on.

2. Adding a warning on save like 'hey, you edited a follow-up email thats already been sent - this won't send the email again'  would have been a clear way to call out the designed behavior and drive me to export the emai list to followup with the full link.

Thanks again @AshC 

2019-12-10_12-45-06.png