cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tavi1

Frozen camera after a few seconds of activation by using the GTM and GTW desktop apps

Urgent help needed please as we organise a big virtual webinar next week and some staff members have their camera frozen after a few seconds it's ON (by using the desktop app on Firefox). We have the same problem: when we deactivate the camera and when we want to reactivate it, a pop-up window appears and says that my webcam is already running and that I need to close all app(s) that use my webcam and retry.

I uninstalled GTM and re-installed it; the camera worked on GTM. Then, I went on GTW and the camera froze. Then, I went back on GTM and my camera froze again. 

Note: The camera does not freeze on GTM when I use the web version on Google chrome instead of the desktop app.

Any urgent guidance is highly appreciated. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Frozen camera after a few seconds of activation by using the GTM and GTW desktop apps

@Tavi1  If I understand you correctly some of your staff may be joining the webinar through the web app, in Firefox?  In this case I would suggest they switch to the desktop application instead, thought once the webcam is functional it should not freeze anyway.  Do they see the same behavior if they utilize Chrome as their default browser instead? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!