cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MRS_IT
Active Contributor

GDPR compliance

Dear all,

It looks like the GoToWebinar cannot delete all information from the previous webinars.

The information held is names and e-mail addresses. I have webinars dated back few years ago.

In EU there is a new security framework coming into force in May 2018. It is regarding the PII (personal Identifyable information).  With the corrent setting of GoToWebinar we will not be compliant as there must be an option for deleting all information we hold.

The only option I see is completely closing the account with LogMeIn and moving to another provider of similar services.

Surely we should have an option to chose what we can keep or delete.

My suggestion is if LogMeIn does not to lose EU customers is to add such feature.

Thanks,

Georgi I

Tags (2)
55 REPLIES 55
mpedrozok
Active Contributor

@AshC Thanks for your response. What I meant is, would it violate any privacy policies (GDPR and others) if the company decides to put the webinar attendees on the email marketing list? They would receive company updates and other content.

AshC
GoTo Moderator

@mpedrozok  There is a notice on the registration page itself that alerts the participant that the event Organizer may contact them directly by email.

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
devendraraju
New Contributor

Thanks for your quality support, this thing worked for me, I love this. 🙂

Regards

Shirikawa
Active Contributor

Hello,

I have another question regarding data protection. When customers want to view records they land on this page (Screenshot) with the note ,,By clicking this button, you submit your information to the webinar organizer, who will use it to communicate with you regarding this event and their other services." Is it possible to adjust this text or at least set a checkbox. So that the interested party must actively agree before it registers. Like the normal registration for webinars.

logmein.png

AshC
GoTo Moderator

@Shirikawa  Customizing registrations for recordings is coming soon as a new feature set. 

Currently however, you can take a cloud recording and schedule with it as an 'On-Demand' type of Recorded event, in order to use some custom registration options:  https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/simulated-live-beta-webinars-g2w090140

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Shirikawa
Active Contributor

Thank you for your response! Is there an approximate timeframe when the feature comes? 1-3 months?

Thanks and best regards