cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

GDPR Adding privacy comments at the bottom of webinar registration form

Hi

For GDPR we need to add a privacy statement on the registration form but unless it's in the body of the information it can't be added to the questions area and made compulsory because none of the question boxes allow enough words. Any suggestions?

Regards

Alison

Tags (1)
LogMeIn Manager

Re: GDPR compliance

Edited and updated solution.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Active Contributor

Hi Glen, 

I've raised similar questions previously and all we're getting just a few links to your privacy policy etc...

Can you create a FAQ for GDPR so that you can answer all our questions? 

I'm still waiting a reply in regards to adding a privacy policy checkbox for webinar registrations. Would that be possible or is the answer in the link below again? 

https://www.logmeininc.com/gdpr/gdpr-compliance

Active Contributor

GDPR - Adding privacy policy checkbox

Hi guys,

I've raised this question previously but, didn't get a solid answer. We'd need to add a privacy policy checkbox on the webinar registrations due to GDPR. Would that be possible?

Regards

Ergin

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @Ergin Erdemir,

I have spoken with our product team and they have informed me that GoToWebinar's existing registration flow already meets the minimum GDPR requirements. We understand that some of our customers want additional flexibility with registration, so we are working on introducing additional customization options. As changes are finalized the documentation will be added to https://www.logmeininc.com/gdpr/gdpr-compliance for everyone to review.

Active Contributor

Hi Glenn, 

Thanks for your reply. I understand that GoToWebinar's existing registration flow already meets the minimum GDPR requirement but, it doesn't with ours. As an FCA regulated online broker, we'd need to implement a checkbox into registration flow where users has to tick the checkbox to be able to complete their registration. 

Can you please share the customisation options that you're working on at the moment, is adding a checkbox part of the customisation options? 

Thanks

Ergin

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @Ergin Erdemir

I do not have those details yet, ss changes are finalized the documentation will be added to https://www.logmeininc.com/gdpr/gdpr-compliance for everyone to review.

Active Contributor

Hi Glenn,

As I mentioned previously, your registration workflow do not meet with our GDPR requirements and it's so important for us to be compliant.  When should we expect to see the fianlised changes and do you think our request (adding a check box) will be added? 

Thanks

Ergin

Active Contributor

Hi Glenn,

Do you have a DCs in Europe?

We also do not like not being able to delete the previous webinar's data such as names and e-mail addresses. We have from 2015 and earlier. This is against the GDPR requirements.

Regards,

Georgi Ivanov

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @MRS_IT,

Some key GDPR principles to consider in implementation include:

• Integrity: Securing and safeguarding personal data using appropriate technical and organizational security measures.
  • Lawfulness: Organizations must, among other things, ensure they have a legal basis for processing personal data, and process that data in a fair and transparent manner.
  • Limited Use: Personal data may only be collected for specific, explicit, or legitimate purposes.
  • Data Minimization: Only collect data that is relevant and necessary for its intended use.
  • Accuracy: Personal data must be accurate and up-to-date.
  • Storage Limitation: Subject to relevant exceptions, maintain personal data only for as long as is deemed necessary and reasonable.

Q) Does the GDPR stop a company from storing information outside of the EU?
A) No, there is nothing in the GDPR text that prevents or suggests this requirement. The GDPR does outline that Data Processors must protect personal data appropriately, regardless of where it is stored. Further, the GDPR does not invalidate or override the EU Model Clauses or the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, which are both legally valid mechanisms to ensure the legal transfer of personal data into and out of the EU.

https://www.logmeininc.com/gdpr/resource-center