cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
New Contributor

GTW Reminder Emails Show Wrong Timezone

Hello,

The reminder emails that are being sent for the GoToWebinar are showing up in GMT time zone instead of EST time zone that we have specified. How do we fix this?Untitled.png

Tags (1)
23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
New Contributor

Incorrect Time and Time Zone in Email

I've never had an issue with this before but all of the emails going out for my webinars have incorrect times and timezones. These meetings are going to all of my team members with in my company. We are all in Pacific timezone but all of the reminder emails have another timezone and the time is not correct in the meeting as well..

When I log into our account all of the times and time zone are correct for each meeting.

What can I do to remedy this issue?

Thank you for your time.

Paul

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Incorrect Time and Time Zone in Email

Hi Paul, 

I'm having the same issue.  https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToWebinar-Discussions/GTW-Reminder-Emails-Show-Wrong-Timezone/td-... 

Have you been able to get ahold of anyone at GTW or troubleshoot this issue at all?  I've waited on hold on the phone twice for over an hour.  They said they would escalate the issue but I have not heard anything more.  Just curious if you have any suggestions!  

Allison 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello Allison

No I haven't been given any way to fix this. I've also be on hold for over an hour to get a hold of them but had to jump out to get in another call.

Still looking for the answer on how to resolve this issue.

Paul

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hey folks, 

We are currently aware of a timezone problem where event Organizers are seeing the wrong start times on reminder emails --- however this should not affect the Attendee email.  If you have an Attendee reminder that has the wrong timezone, please let us know. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello AshC

Thank you for getting back to us on the issue. Hopefully you can resolve the issue soon.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you for letting us know! Looking forward to the solution, but in the meantime,  I appreciate the communication!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi AshC,

We are having this issue for the past couple of weeks too. The attendees are getting the wrong timezone in the reminder emails which is how we were made aware of the problem. I've checked their registration info and they all had a local timezone set (GMT+10), but all times in reminder emails are being shown in GMT (+0) which is confusing to them.

David

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: GTW Reminder Emails Show Wrong Timezone

Hi Victoria,

I'm on the registration list and can confirm it's the reminder email sent from GTW that has the wrong timezone.  I've viewed the source of the email so it's not being rewritten by gmail or a plugin. We've had attendees report the issue and forward the email they received also. Some are gmail, some have email accounts with their ISP etc.

This is for a webinar series that was previously showing the right timezone for the reminder emails. It's only happened very recently. Daylight saving ended recently in Australia which is the only thing I can think of that has happened recently that should effect what time is shown.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: GTW Reminder Emails Show Wrong Timezone

Hey folks, sorry about the delay in getting back here.

We are suggesting that scheduling Organizers notify Staff members that we're working on a fix for this problem, and that the timezone listed on reminders may not be accurate again for several more days.  Adding to their calendar should help alleviate some confusion as well.

Thanks for your patience.