cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

time zones

Signups and reminders from gotowebinar always used to automatically convert EDT times to Pacific time where I am.  Now it's showing GMT times mostly and it doesn't automatically convert the times to PDT as it once did.  This is a real pain because after I save an event in my gmail calendar, gotowebinar gets it wrong every time displaying the shown EDT or GMT time instead of converting it to PDT so I have to go in and manually change it to the correct time for me.

Does anyone know of a solution to this?

Thanks.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: time zones

Hi Larry,

There's a known issue with time conversion on reminder emails, though you should have no problem immediately after registering, and adding the .ics file to a calendar at the correct time.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: time zones

We have over 10 Webinars coming up with over 30 panelists across various organisations that we’d to engage in Practice Runs and subsequently LIVE events.   This will create a lot of confusion to our panelists and the team. 

Is the development team close to getting a solution to the problem?  Is there an ETA for this fix?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Incorrect Time and Time Zone in Email

This issue started back in APRIL and here we are in SEPT. It doesn't appear anyone is really working on this issue and it IS an issue for me as I've had quite a few miss my meetings due to the GMT time zone. Why can't we get a time frame that this issue gets resolved?

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: GTW Reminder Emails Show Wrong Timezone

Confirmed this is still an issue September 21, 2020. 115 registrants received a reminder with a GMT start time instead of US Central start time. This is for a multiple-occurring webinar event that is taking place of an annual in-person regional event.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: GTW Reminder Emails Show Wrong Timezone

We just had a 3-day virtual workshop with over 200 attendees and I got numerous emails asking why the time was incorrect and I even pointed out it was in GMT in an email before folks registered, but still this has caused a lot of confusion and frustration for everyone.  This is very confusing with multiple workshops established for various times across several days.  We have numerous webinars a week and hoped to host more virtual conferences, but with this issue taking MONTHS with no solution, has us looking at other services. 

Moderator, Again, I'm going to request that this be moved to a higher priority to get fixed asap.