cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jawagner
New Contributor

Re: GTW Reminder Emails Show Wrong Timezone

Agreed, it is causing confusion for my agency as well. Seems like an easy fix... default the time zone to the account profile's time zone or add a new selection option. Crazy there has been no update since the original post in April.
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

I'm expecting an update from the team very soon.  Thank you for your patience while we finalize testing.

DebbieW
Active Contributor

Hi AshC 

Any update?  I was really hoping things would be fixed when I created new webinars series for 2021, but no, I still see organizer and panelist times in GMT not in local time in the reminders.  This is very disappointing. 

However, one thing I did notice that seems to have been fixed is the duplicative meetings showing up when I view the webinars in my dashboard (fingers crossed this stays fixed). 

There is one more item, that I will share and post in the correct discussion: why meetings are not showing up in date order when I view on my dashboard and why they are split on two + pages.  

Again, the GMT time is probably the highest priority for us, since it impacts our participants and causes the most confusion.  It 's been at least 9 months since this issue was brought up and we have moved some of our webinars to other platforms. 

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@DebbieW  The fix for Staff reminder email time formats was released last month.  If you have new examples of this occurring from new webinars, please let us know.

Regarding other GoToWebinar inquiries, please check the Community for answers or begin a new thread with a 'problem' topic.  This thread is specific to one known issue.  Thank you.

DebbieW
Active Contributor

@AshC  - I'm still seeing GMT time for all my meetings as an organizer and my panelists the same.  Please let me know if there is something specific on our end that we have to do (reboot all our computers?) to get the fix -though since this is an email reminder issue, not sure how that works.  Thank you.

I got this email message just yesterday: 

This is a reminder that you're an organizer for "Emerging Pollutants Workgroup" which will begin in 1 Hour on:

Tue, Jan 12, 2021 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM GMT

I did post my other issue in a new discussion.  TY

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

[UPDATE] ::   If anyone is still seeing this issue with reminder emails, please let us know if this is a newly scheduled webinar or an existing (or copied) schedule. 

We are also interested to note if any affected webinars are scheduled as 'recurring' or just single events.

Thank you.

euridice
Active Contributor

We experienced this iussu on a webinar that we had scheduled for two days: In the backend we had entered the timezone "GMT+01:00" but in the reminder emails the timezone had been "GMT". 

We had several test webinars scheduled for just one day. The reminder emails that had beens send for this one day webinar had the correct time zone.

Method
New Contributor

We are still experiencing this for newly scheduled webinars. We've experienced it both with single event and recurring events. This has been going on for over a year now and is incredibly confusing for participants even if we notify them beforehand of what will happen.  Is there a timeline on getting this resolved??

DebbieW
Active Contributor

Same here.  It's been this way for far too long.  We actually have moved on to another webinar provider for several of our new meetings, unfortunately, this doesn't help the meetings we've already planned.  

Also, this is a very poor forum for reporting bugs and issues - one of the worst I've seen.  I feel like I'm a beta tester for them, but at least beta testers actually see progress on getting bugs fixed.   I was trying to be nice and supportive, but I do not recommend GTW to anyone anymore.  It's a shame because all these bugs (GMT vs local time in reminder emails, unsorted meetings by date on dashboard, saving all webinar meetings to calendars) could be very simple to fix to make folks happy instead of discouraged and frustrated.  

Pixo
New Contributor

Can we get this fixed? It's been over a year.