cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pixo
New Contributor

Re: GTW Reminder Emails Show Wrong Timezone

It's been over a year and this is still broken.  Can any employee from GoTo give us an update?

Pixo
New Contributor

I'm seeing this recurring webinars. The time is never correct, specifically with the Panelists and Organizers
tafactor
New Contributor

Maybe someone higher up in the GTW organization needs to be made aware of this problem because it's obviously not getting the attention it should AND it's actually driving some current GTW customers away.

Ken4
Active Contributor

This is obviously something very tricky to change/correct. I still value the GoTo tool for large webinars over the other platforms, they all have their quirks on occasions.  

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

[Update]  We went back in and tested the functionality again, unfortunately the issue has cropped up again in certain circumstances.  I'll have more info soon.

As far as I can tell, this should not be affecting newly scheduled webinars for any participant.  If you have examples of it happening on new webinars, please gather a copy of the email sent as well as the webinar ID so that we may investigate further.

Pixo
New Contributor

Hello Ash

I just made new webinars for this year but what I normally do is duplicate an existing webinar so I don't have to re input all of the panelists and all other items I change for webinars. Is this where you are seeing the issue, on duplicated webinars?

Ken4
Active Contributor

I'll have to test but are you thinking that when you copy an existing webinar that's when the GMT appears but starting from scratch will allow Eastern? if so then there is our fix

DebbieW
Active Contributor

I have created NEW from scratch and extended existing webinars but still get GMT times  for organizers and panelists - so unless this was something updated within the past 2 months, I cannot validate if it's fixed for new webinars, since I haven't created any new webinars this year.  

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

We're working to confirm that the patch in place is fully operational.  I appreciate your patience in the meantime...

DebbieW
Active Contributor

Hi Ash,

I can tell you it's not working.  I just created two new webinars and received email reminders for organizers in GMT not my local time zone (Eastern).  

This is a reminder that you're an organizer for "Test Webinar for GMT Bug" which will begin in 1 Hour on:

Tue, Mar 9, 2021 11:00 PM - Wed, Mar 10, 2021 12:00 AM GMT

This is a reminder that you're an organizer for "Test Webinar for GMT Bug" which will begin in 1 Day on:

Wed, Mar 10, 2021 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM GMT