cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavianHart
New Contributor

GoToWebinar Webcast Webinar Check Error

When I perform a system check for a webcast webinar I get a Browser error that says "You can join the webinar but will experience limited features unless you update your browser update your browser."

GoToWebinar Webcast Webinar Check Error.jpg

So far as I can tell, I am running the absolute latest version of chrome. This issue was actually brought to my attention by the event organizers for the event that I'm currently setting up for them. They are also experiencing the same error notification, even though we have all successfully joined webcast webinars in the past.

Does anyone know what the "limited features" are? My system check runs just fine for a classic webinar system check which seems odd because classic webinars have access to more features than a webcast, do they not?

Our concern is that our attendees may be receiving erroneous or misleading information if they decide to click on the system check link after they receive their confirmation email. Can someone please tell me if there is anything that I can do to change this error message? Is it something that can be done on the back end by the GoToWebinar staff? I can't change my webinars to classic mode because we are expecting more than 1000 attendees.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: GoToWebinar Webcast Webinar Check Error

Hi @DavianHart 

That message is inaccurate, and should not be occurring with your system and browser version.  We'll get that updated as soon as possible, and I'm sorry for the added confusion of affected participants. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DavianHart
New Contributor

Update: I contacted support over the phone and they are working to resolve the issue.
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @DavianHart 

That message is inaccurate, and should not be occurring with your system and browser version.  We'll get that updated as soon as possible, and I'm sorry for the added confusion of affected participants. 

View solution in original post

DavianHart
New Contributor

Thanks AshC! I did also get this reply from support, although it would be nice if this could be changed because regardless of cookie settings, I'm not experiencing any functionality issues when I test the attendee experience on my system:

"I have received response from my support team. What you and I were facing with that system check is a network restriction that does not allows cookies to be backtracked, if you were using your work computer that could be the reason you are experiencing the problem same thing as your partners. We tested on a personal computer not work and passed the system check.

Any firewall and network configuration will definitely impact the system check. For you to host meetings as an event organizer, you must perform this network check and make sure that the network is properly configured, click here to find our allowlist and firewall configuation. On the other hand for attendees to be able to join to the webnar they must have a network free access to the internet at least and comply with this aspects .

I hope this information is helpful. If you have anymore questions please do not hesitate to contact us back, we will be happy to help."

DavianHart
New Contributor

Thanks! The issue seems to be resolved now.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@DavianHart  This connection test should be back to normal in a day or so.  Thanks for your patience.