cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Gotowebinar confirmation emails not being sent to Apple domains

My company uses Gotowebinar to provide training for customers.  Last Friday, April 27th, we started receiving emails from customers reporting that they were not receiving confirmation emails and therefore could not attend the webinar.

We narrowed down the issue to @me.com , @mac.com and .icloud.com email addresses.  I called GTW on Monday morning to resolve the issue.  My first call lasted just under an hour and I left thinking it had been resolved, but the issue persisted, so I called back.

In the second call, I was told that those email domains were being caught in a bounce filter, and that essentially it was Apple's issue.  I was advised to contact Apple directly. I reached out to my tech department for help and after some research we determined that Gotowebinar's email servers are on Apple's blacklist.

So our CTO called GTW - our third phone call to them that day.  They admitted that they were on a blacklist, but offered no promise of a fix or any timeline.  That was disappointing, a part of the service we pay for is broken and we don't know if it will be resolved.

This is a big issue for us.  We run hundreds of webinars a month for thousands of people.  We can see registrations from those domains, but those folks can't get in since they never get the confirmation email.  Some of them write in, and we can advise them to register with a different email, but that's just not sustainable.  Some don't all write in, so we are losing people every day because of this. 

I'm wondering if anyone else can confirm this issue, I'd like to try and determine if it's just our GTW account that's impacted.   And since we do not know if GTW will fix this issue, can anyone think of a workaround?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Respected Contributor

Re: Gotowebinar confirmation emails not being sent to Apple domains

Thanks for identifying the issue.   This might be affecting some of our customers as well.

LogMeIn Contributor

I apologize for any confusion.

We are currently working with Proofpoint mail security in order to resolve their block on GoTo emails.  I suspect this is the issue at hand with your registrants.

This is not on our status page unfortunately, because it's not really a GoToWebinar issue that we can resolve internally.  I will however try to update all related threads when more information becomes available. 

Active Contributor

Reporting back that we have confirmed this issue is resolved with @me.com and .icloud.com emails.  I suspect @mac.com is resolved, but don't have an immediate way to test that.

Respectfully, I take issue with this:

@AshC wrote:

I apologize for any confusion.

We are currently working with Proofpoint mail security in order to resolve their block on GoTo emails.  I suspect this is the issue at hand with your registrants.

This is not on our status page unfortunately, because it's not really a GoToWebinar issue that we can resolve internally.  I will however try to update all related threads when more information becomes available. 

I work for a software company, and like many software companies we use third party services to run our business.  Whenever one of them has an issue that impacts our customers, we inform our customers on our status page.  We did with this specific issue.  Sometimes, we even message them directly to let them know we are working on the problem, whatever it may be.

We don't expect our customers to understand the behind the scenes technical systems that power our service,  and we believe that honest communication is better than none.

A simple  "We are currently working with Proofpoint mail security in order to resolve their block on GoTo emails." on your status page a few days ago would have saved us hours of phone calls, not to mention all the time I spent trying to figure out what was going on. If I'd seen that, I would have waited it out and not bothered to call in at all.  Things happen, I understand that.

Bottom line: If it impacts your customers, you should tell them. 

LogMeIn Contributor

Thanks for the resolution confirmation @Goonky.

I apologize for the lack of transparency around the email delivery status.

New Contributor

I'm having the same problem with gotowebinar emails sent to my hotmail.com email and my yahoo.com email. The only one that will take a gotowebinar.com email is my gmail.com account. 

Is there a fix or is this just something that the users (like me) will have to deal with?

Thanks

LogMeIn Contributor

@seewaage  I apologize for the difficulty you've experienced with GoToWebinar communications. 

I have tested YahooMail and Hotmail successfully today myself.  

What can also happen if there's an email address that returned too many of our messages is that we stop sending them all together in order to avoid any blacklist attempt by the email provider.  If you suspect this is the case, where you have double checked your spam history and blocked senders list, then you may click on my Community name in order to send over the affected emai spellings in private.