cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zsuzsa Szesztai
New Contributor

How can I broadcast my computer audio to the attendees? I have Windows 10.

I use Windows 10. I've set up stereo mix as the default device. And I made sure that Show Disabled Devices is checked. Still the voice from the video does not go through to attendees.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: How can I broadcast my computer audio to the attendees? I have Windows 10.

Go To Webinar is designed to play only sounds that the computer thinks is coming from a microphone.  Thus it can not normally play sounds from a video, PowerPoint, Web Browser, etc.

You should be able to playback audio from a video using the Stereo Mix program, but I have not tried it using Windows 10.  Sometimes Stereo Mix gets hung up on external microphones, so disconnect any external microphones including webcams.

Also, in GoToWebinar Audio settings, you should try disabling the "Automatically adjust my system mixer settings" feature.  This could interfere with the Stereo Mix settings.

I use an external audio mixer where I can take the output of the computer and mix it with my live microphone and send it back into the computer as a microphone input. This can cause jumpy video for the attendees.  This method is not for the novice and involves a lot of physics.

The best method to show a video is to use the new Video feature where you upload your video ahead of time and play it when you want.  Find the details here: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotowebinar/help/share-a-video-beta-g2w090120
If you are showing a YouTube Video and do not have the original file, you can download it from YouTube and then upload it to your GoToWebinar.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
David Hunt
Active Contributor

Not sure what the "stereo mix" is but when I have played back audio over webinars, I have played the audio via external speakers placed either side of a conference phone, which was connected to the webinar. You can either use the conference phone for your own voice audio or have a separate computer connected to the webinar (will need a separate email ID registered) that is used to play the audio (again via speakers and a conference phone). This has worked well for me.
Zsuzsa Szesztai
New Contributor

Thanks! Actually I do not have to speak on the webinar, just broadcast my screen and computer audio. As I am testing it, the computer audio (which is the audio of the youtube video) cannot be heard by the audience. In the FAQ there is no instruction for Windows 10.
David Hunt
Active Contributor

That is probably because the YouTube video cannot play directly as input t the GoToWebinar audio, which is why I put the computer's speakers either side of the (conference) phone that is dialled into the event.

If you don't use a phone and are relying on the computer's inbuilt microphone, it probably will not pick up the output from the speakers, so no one will hear. You also need to make sure the pc / phone combination that has joined the event for you to do this playback is unmuted or again, no one will hear anything.
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Go To Webinar is designed to play only sounds that the computer thinks is coming from a microphone.  Thus it can not normally play sounds from a video, PowerPoint, Web Browser, etc.

You should be able to playback audio from a video using the Stereo Mix program, but I have not tried it using Windows 10.  Sometimes Stereo Mix gets hung up on external microphones, so disconnect any external microphones including webcams.

Also, in GoToWebinar Audio settings, you should try disabling the "Automatically adjust my system mixer settings" feature.  This could interfere with the Stereo Mix settings.

I use an external audio mixer where I can take the output of the computer and mix it with my live microphone and send it back into the computer as a microphone input. This can cause jumpy video for the attendees.  This method is not for the novice and involves a lot of physics.

The best method to show a video is to use the new Video feature where you upload your video ahead of time and play it when you want.  Find the details here: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotowebinar/help/share-a-video-beta-g2w090120
If you are showing a YouTube Video and do not have the original file, you can download it from YouTube and then upload it to your GoToWebinar.

tpool
New Contributor

I have tried all of the suggestions in the replies without results, or at least good results using Windows 10. It's frustrating trying to get both microphone audio and system sounds (e.g. videos, mp4, etc.) to broadcast. Nothing worked except to use the telephone options and place the phone near your computer speakers. Of couse this ends up as a clunky solution.

One solution that works well is to use the Behringer PodcastStudio USB. Just plug the mixer's USB into your computer. I don't know why this works and using a USB headset doesn't work, for simultaneous system and mircrophone sounds, but it does - and works very well. You can find the device online from many outlets for $99 and it comes with a microphone and everything you need.

RoyBours
New Contributor

Hello. We have the same challenge. We have prerecorded session content that we want to play live during a webcast and answer questions etc during the session. Did you manage to solve the audio? BR. Roy

RoyBours
New Contributor

Hello. I can't find the Video feature in the latest GoToWebinar. We have prerecorded session content that we want to play live during a webcast and answer questions etc during the session. Any hints? BR. Roy
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

craigry
New Contributor

Live Audio (ie: a band) suffers big time on this platform.